||Chapter Seventeen||

Chapter Seventeen:
Michael's POV:

the information was still being processed in my head, but I grabbed the keys to Luke's car and started to drive off. I didn't know where I was going, but I soon saw Rachel, running as if her life depended on it.

She turned around and saw me, with the kitten senses, I could see up close, and her eyes weren't green. She wasn't influenced anymore by whatever was controlling her.

She finally came to a stop, in front of a bridge.

I quickly got out of the car and after her.

"RACHEL WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I ask, screaming. She just turns around with tears streaming down her face. And mouths 'I love you' to me. She turns back around and gets on the ledge, ready to jump.

"The only was to stop this is if I die." She said to me, but I was still far away. Then she did it.

She jumped.

I crumbled to the floor as I realized that it was too late. It felt as if all the life I had in me had been drained out. I was full on sobbing. After a while, I got up and went to the ledge and look down.

All I saw was the vast horizon with the dark ocean, but no Rachel.

Rachel was my life. She was my happiness, and without, what's the point of living. I stand on the ledge, ready to end it all just like Rachel, but someone grabs my hand.

"Don't. Move." Says a voice I recognize.

"How did you find me?" I ask.

"There's a tracker in my car just in case it gets stolen." Says Luke. I nod and put my head down in shame.

"She should have been the one you saved, not me." I whispered. It was not meant for him to hear but he did.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Rachel, she.. She jumped." I say, starting to cry again. Luke looked at me and then pulled me into a tight hug. And then it hit me even harder than it did before.

Rachel died, not just for me, but for all of us.

***

short because I have to go soon and I wanted to update this weekend. How you enjoyed and i am sorry. Bai

-Alina