|Chapter Fifteen|

Happy new year! It's finally 2016. I hope this is the best year y'all have. Enjoy it while it lasts. Onwards to the chapter. I'm sorry.

Chapter Fifteen:
Rachel's POV

Everything has been strangely calm for the past month. Luke got discharged out of the hospital and is now recovering at a house we rented. It's where we will be living for now. I had moved out of my place and moved in with them. Michael had insisted.

Speaking of Michael, we had gone on a few dates. Now that we were officially together, he wanted to spend more time with me. But of course we had to take a bodyguard to our dates, just in case. Everything was fine.

Until now.

I was home alone. The boys were at an interview and took the bodyguards with them. There were cameras set up in the house just in case. I was watching Arrow in my room when the power suddenly went out. That is when I should have called Michael or one of the boys. Even one of my bodyguards, Ethan. That was the moment when I could have saved myself. But no, I thought I could handle it.

I grabbed a knife from under my bed and kept it close to my chest. I slowly went out of my room and down the stairs. I heard something fall in the kitchen. That was my second sign.

I slowly made my way into the kitchen, but when I get in I see nothing.

All of the sudden I'm having a cloth covering my mouth and a hand over my eyes. I knew I shouldn't have breathed into the cloth, but I had run out of oxygen. I continued struggling against the person holding me captive but everything was blurry and I was really dizzy. I slumped to the floor with the man still holding me.

That was the last thing I saw when I blacked out.

***

I woke up in a room with really bright lights. My vision was blurry, has I had just woken up. I tried to sit up until I realized I was cuffed down, legs and arms. My vision cleared as I looked around and realized that I was in some kind of laboratory. I saw someone with a lab coat, standing in front of a table. He eventually turned around and had a syringe filled with green liquid. He saw that I was awake and smiled, not nicely, but in a way that he knew he was going to do something bad.

"Good to know to that you're awake." Said the guy in the lab coat. I just glared at him and he just chuckled.

"I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Damien. it really is a pleasure to meet you." He said. I just stayed silent.

"Well, you're probably wondering what is in this syringe. This is a mind controlling chemical. It will go to your brain and control you while we give the orders. You may see what you were doing but you can't control what you are doing." He explains. I just look at him with a confused face.

"The chemical releases a chip. The chip goes from your bloodstream into your brain. it will put itself in there and it will control all of your body, including speech and movements. Basically anything that you are controlling now." He says. And then it finally clicks.

They want to mind control me.

"Please don't." I start begging, but he ignores me and just plunges the needle into my neck. Nothing happens for a few seconds but then my body starts shaking. Damien starts smiling, as if this was suppose to happen. After a few seconds the shaking stops and everything is silent. I see Damien get onto a device and starts tapping the screen. Immediately I hear myself say something.

"Damien is a sexy beast." I uncontrollably say.

"It worked! I can control you!" He says. He starts doing what seems a happy dance. When he realizes that I'm still here, and even though he's controlling me I can still see him. So he clears his throat.

"I must tell the master!" He says, running out the room. Then it hits me.

They tried mind controlling me, and it worked.

***

I'm sorry but it had to happen. This is a crucial part of the story and I'm really sorry. Hope you enjoyed.

~Alina