|Chapter Thirteen|

Chapter Thirteen:
Luke's POV (omg)

I ran. That's what I did. Maybe it was because its the only thing I know how to do. Or maybe it was because it was the only thing I could do. Anyone can run away. It's super easy. Facing problems and working through them, that's what makes you strong. But I'm not strong. I'm just.. Luke. And maybe I'll never be strong, but I know that I'm not running away just from Calum. I'm also running away from what's in my head.

It doesn't matter what people tell you. It doesn't matter what they might say. Sometimes you have to leave. Sometimes, running away means you are headed in the right direction. So I did it.

I ran.

I ran until I couldn't feel my legs and my lungs were burning. I ended up far away, just like I wanted. You could see the beach from here, it was about a few feet away. I ended up jogging to it and sat in the sand. I had been out all day, so it was late.

The sunset was amazing. The sky was an array of colors, some of which included orange and yellow. I just sat there thinking about what I should do.

Until I heard a gun shot and saw the sand next to me get hit with a bullet.

I turn around and see two masked men dressed in black. My eyes widened and I got up and ran as soon as I realized that they were trying to kill me. They missed most of the bullets, until one hit my shoulder and I fell on the floor. I was dizzy and all I could think of what that I was going to die, right here and now.

The two men cuff my hands and cover my mouth with duct tape. They throw a bag over my head and drag me. It was a few minutes, but felt like hours, when they threw me in a van. I knew this because I could faintly see through the bag.

The pain was unbearable. I swear I tried my best to be strong and endure the pain, but I couldn't. The last thing I thought before I blacked out was whether I was going to make it out alive.

The first thing I notice when I wake up is that it smells like mold and I'm on a chair, chained up. I no longer have a bag on my head, but I still have the duct tape on my mouth. To my surprise, the bullet wound was stitched up and covered. I looked around the room. It was too dark to see but I could hear water dripping.

Then I heard the door creak and a man, with no mask, came out. He looked like he could kill even John Cena, with his bulky muscles and angry face. He closed the door and switched on the lights. I didn't have time to look at my surrounding because he grabbed a chair from the corner and sat in front of me.

"Where is the necklace?" He asked. Then everything started to make sense. Why there where people following us around (that weren't the paparazzi). Or when Michael got shot. My thoughts were disturbed again.

"I ASKED YOU A QUESTION! WHERE. IS. THE NECKLACE?!" He screamed. I knew that I couldn't turn in my best friend and the person he loves.

"I-I don't know what your talking about." I said. He didn't looked convinced so he asked me again and again until he got frustrated.

"Fine don't tell me. I'll make you." He said. He left the room for a second before he came back with a knife. He was going to torture me, but I stayed silent.

"Fine, be that way." He said before making a deep cut across my arm. The pain was horrifying, I was screaming.

This kept going on until you couldn't see my skin, only blood. I was crying by the end. I knew he wasn't going to let me go, or kill me because I was his only source of information.

"You won't kill me. I'm your only source of information." I say through my tears. He laughs. He actually laughs.

"I could just get your precious.. What's his name? Calum?" He said. I have never been more angry in my life.

"Don't you dare touch him." I growled. He had a smug look on his face. He just smiled and turned around and opened the door. Before he left, he spoke.

"I'll leave you here to have a slow, painful death." He said before leaving. I knew I was going to die. I couldn't do anything even if I wanted to.

I couldn't run.

***

Sorry for not updating sooner. I like this chapter. Idk why. Enjoy. Ill update soon, again.

-Alina