|Chapter Twelve|

Chapter Twelve:
Rachel's POV

"Michael.. Don't turn around if you don't wanna die.." I say. I look at the guy though the corner of my eye. He's watching us with a smug look on his face.

"On the count of three we run." I say and he nods.

"Three"

"Two"

"One. NOW!" I whisper scream into his ear. We bolt off into the street. The hotel is about two blocks away. We could hear the gunshots missing us as we zigzag though the busy streets.

"I think we lost him." I say as we slow down. We enter the hotel quickly and knock on the door of our room since Michael left it inside. Luke opens the door and tries to say something but we interrupt him and run in. Luke closes the door and locks it. By now everyone had left when we were away. Michael looks at me and I forgot to tell him what had happen.

"Michael. There was a guy with a gun a-and he had it pointed at you and.." I trailed off as my voice started cracking and I started crying, thinking about Michael getting hurt again. He looks surprised so I continue.

"He was the guy that has been following us around for a month now. I thought I-it was the paparazzi but.. I'm sorry I didn't tell you.." I said. Michael looked mad but covered it up and hugged me. He also kissed the top of my head.

"It's ok. We'll figure something out." He says, giving me a sad smile. Luke, Calum, and Ashton are just looking like they are about to shit their pants. They all come up and hug us and eventually, we are group hugging.

I don't know why and how, but I think I know why these people are chasing us and I'm afraid that Michael will hate me.

"Michael, I think I know why they are chasing us.." I say, my eyes widening when I remember what happen to my dad and how he died. Michael looks at me with a questioning face. I feel tears welling in my eyes.

"Please don't hate me." I say. He shakes his head and gives me another sad smile.

"I would never hate you." He says. I shake my head and just say it.

"Those are the guys that killed my dad. They want the necklace. It's dangerous if it gets in their hands so my dad hid it and that's how you found it. He looks at me and I'm scared he's going to scream at me, but instead, he kisses me.

"It's going to be alright." He says and hugs me. I forgot Luke, Ashton, and Calum were in the room when Ashton asked the question about the secret we were trying to keep.

"What necklace? And why would they kill for it?" He said me and Michael looked at each other and sighed.

"Let's just show him" Michael said. I nodded and we turned the pendant around at the same time. The only bad side about this is the pain that it causes. But soon enough, it's over.

Calum, Ashton, and Luke look like they are about to faint. We meow and run up to them. I jump on Luke and Michael jumps Calum. Calum may be a dog person but he also likes cats, unlike some people. Luke hugs me and starts petting me. Calum does the same but starts scratching Michael's ear. They set us down and we turn back.

Michael starts telling them the story about how he found the necklace and how we became friends. By the end they didn't look so bad as when they first found out, but still surprised. Calum is the first to speak to up.

"So let me get this straight. You have a necklace that turns you into a cat and there are dangerous people willing to kill for it. And they are after you?" He says. We both nod at the same time.

"What are we going to do?" Asks Luke, who has been silent this whole time.

"I don't know, but I'm glad we are safe. For now." Says Michael. We all nod our heads, agreeing. I hug Michael and I kiss his cheek. Luke goes to do the same thing but Calum gets up and leave. Luke looks like he's about to cry. I get up to go and get him.

I see him on the floor next to out hotel room door. He looks really stressed out. I sit next to him. We are both silent for a few minutes before I ask him the question about what I came here for.

"What's wrong? You've been acting distant from Luke." I say. He looks over to me with tears in my eyes.

"I-I think I'm not gay. I think I mistakenly thought my feelings for Luke were more than in A brotherly way, but it's not. And I don't want to tell him because he's still one of my best friend. I feel so bad because I already like someone else a-and-" he says, breaking off at the end when he started crying. I was about to hug him when I heard a sob coming from the door. I look up and see Luke with a hurt expression. Calum tries to reach him but Luke backs away and shakes his head and runs away. Calum starts crying even more. Michael eventually comes out and goes to look for Luke.

And by the way he ran away, he had heard everything Calum had said.

__________________________________________________

Sorry for not updating Yesterday. I made this chappie longer because I got bored in class, lol. Enjoy ;)

-Alina