Chapter 22

*Sam's pov*

I sigh starring up at my ceiling, listening to all the little ticks the clock is making in the hall and some sounds of birds.

3:45 the clock blinks on my desk.

And all that's on my mind is that were moving to fast.

No not the move from Kansas to New York, to now California.
I'm talking about me and Emmalee.

We've only been dating for a couple weeks, and she's going to be moving in with us?

I think were moving way to fast in my opinion, I think Colby and them can tell I'm unsure about Emmalee moving with us every time they bring it up.

Maybe I should tell her, I have stayed up for three nights think all about this, just watching the ceiling and listening to the clock tick back and forth in the hallway.

Yeah I'm going to tell her, its starting to drive me crazy.

*Morning*

I shake my hair out of my eyes after I get out of the shower and get dressed.

I actually got some sleep last night, I just listened to some music to help get my mind of things and I guess it worked and helped me fall asleep.

"Good morning." I say happily, as I walk into the kitchen.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" Colby asks as I get some of the pancakes one of them made.

"Yes finally." I say.

"What's been keeping you up all night?" Mira asks I shrug.

"Nothing big just under a lot of stress." I say she nods.

"Mira I wanted to ask you, do you want to go on a date today?" Colby asks I smile.

"Sure that sounds amazing." She says.

---

"Okay I won't be home much today." I say placing my finished pancake plate in the sink.

"Okay." Mira and Colby says I nod before leaving.

----

"Emmalee I need to speak to you." I say as she says once again that she need to finish packing.

"Sure what about?" She asks annoyed as she starts packing I take her hands.

"About us...." I say looking around at the about 5 boxes packed already "about this move." I say she drops my hands.

"What about?" She asks.

"I-i think were moving to fast." I say "we've only been dating for a couple of weeks, and I just don't think it would be best because we don't even know if were serious about this relationship yet." I explain.

"Fine if that's what you want then its okay." She says calmly.

"Your not going to say anything else?" I ask shocked she shakes her head.

"No your right I think we are moving to fast I mean you only meet my parents once they barley even know you." She says and starts unpacking one of the boxes.

"So were breaking up." I say.

"Yeah." She says "you can go." She adds motioning toward the front door.

"Emmalee if you have something else you want to say you can." I say calmly.

"Just get out." She says I nod walking out.

She took that surprised easily, I think walking into my house.

I fall into my bed still feeling tired from those three nights straight of no sleep.

We were moving to fast, and she did have a point I only meet her parents once. And Colby once said they were polar opposites barely anything in common.

I think to myself before I start to fall asleep.

*Colby's pov**Next morning*

I smile waking up beside Mira who's cuddled into my side.

"Good morning." I whisper kissing her forehead as I get out of the bed slowly so I don't wake her.

"I broke up with Emmalee." I jump spinning around to face Sam.

"Oh dude I'm sorry, you okay?" I ask he nods.

"We were moving to fast and like you said we didn't have barely anything in common." He says I nod.

"So how were you and my baby sisters date yesterday?" He asks smiling.

"Fantastic." I say smiling.

I took her out for ice cream which she loved, then to one of the bake shops I know she loves around here, then we seen a movie, and had dinner then came back home.

"Clearly you won't stop smiling and you never smile that bright unless its something with Mira involved." He says laughing as he makes something to eat.

"I'm here if you want to talk about Emmalee or anything." Colby says before walking back upstairs.

There's nothing to talk about, were over.