chapter 17

hey guys, sry if it takes me a little long to upload, i don't wanna just give you guys anything, but i got a lot of stuff going on this week i promise it wont be that long for me to upload though. love you guys:) thanks:) and my sister just pointed out there is spell check on here, maybe I'll make more sense :D

 Even though none of Rob Zombie's songs make any sense unless your wasted or really really high his songs are a nice escape for me. I watched as all the trees pass by with my ear buds in. We were on our way to another gig someplace 50 minutes away from where we live. It's been about 5 and I'm already bored out of my mind, which is really hard to be around these guys.

I closed my eyes and mentally prepared my self to bring everything I have to this gig. Our set list was the same as the last gig sense Ace was to lazy to put anything together, or for that fact anyone else was to lazy to put a different thing together and we have got these songs in this order down by heart now.

When we finally got to the venue I jumped out of the car and stretched my legs and back. We all went into the place and looked around. It was dark and called 'Dust n' Bones' named after a Guns 'n Roses song. There was a stage about 3 feet off the ground and huge amps over us and built into the base of the stage.

There was a 'dance' floor right in front of it then chairs and tables behind that. We walked over to the bar where it seemed to be the only sing of life. We sat in the stools and waited for the dude to turn around. I curled my leg under me and my veins rolled over my ancel in between the seat making a weird crunch sound.

Ace looked at me weird with a 'what the hell?' kinda face. I shrugged and said "Ow." He smirked turned to look at the bar tender who had just turned around.

"You're the band I'm guessing?" We all knoted and asked if we should start setting up or wait it out a little big more.

"Ah I think," the guy pondered his mind while staring at the clock and dried inside a glass mug, "I think you guys can go ahead and check out the place, bar opens in about an hour but you wont start playing or do sound check till about a hour and a half." He finished and put down another mug, but then turned around again as if he had another thing to say, and he did.

"But you have to be done setting up by the time we open, our manager doesn't like a messy stage, or what ever." We got up and went out side. I stood waiting for room to be made as the boys all tried to get their things at once.

"Jeez dudes hold up a little we got time." I laughed, mostly to myself. All of our stuff was being wheeled or carried into the building and some of the cheaper stuff left behind in the car with it wide open. Hopefully no one will come and take out extra patch cords, strings, and pics. That would be hell (not really).

I set my stuff up in the far left, like usual, and watched the other guys set up the drum set and there shit. I would help set up the drums sense that takes the longest but last time I got yelled at for putting the wrong stick in the wrong whole or what ever. I'm a basses, I'm not supposed to know this stuff!

I thumped out a couple riffs for sound check  and then got off the stage and sat at the bar. The place was still completely empty except for maybe 5 or 6 employees. I turned away from looking at the stage, I couldn't wait to play up there, like every night we have a gig I get so existed 'cause when I'm up there its like I can do anything, I feel free,  I don't have tot think of anything except where my fingers are.

I turned to look at the bar tender who was now making sure he had enough beer to supply to all the drunks and whores. I decided to start up a conversation.

"So how long have you been working here?" I said tracing my finger in a small circle on the counter.

"You really have nothing better to then then talk to me? Not that I don't like the company, I just think it would be much more existing to set up amps or drums or what ever." His voice was kind of low and scruffy, like he was a smoker.

"Nah, I was band from helping them a long time ago." I laughed and exstended the 'o' in long.

"Ha well then, I have been working here for 3 years, I have a day job, but it's always good for the extra money.. How long you been working?" He asked, it took me a minute to fined out what he meant by 'work'.

Playing in a band was always fun for me but you can consider it work, I mean your get paid sometimes, you got to have skill, and you have to get up and show up to practice on time other wise you will lose your spot.

"Four years, this is like our something houndreth gig. We booked here tonight on last notice for some guy that wants to check us out for a recored label." He lifted an eye brow at the last part and I leaned back in my chair.

"Really? You existed, nerves?" He questioned.

"Nah not so much, it's happened like twice before, they just call back and say 'You guys were awesome! Just not the typ of music we really want, keep going though!' It's probably just going to be the same." I sighed.

"Not the guy thats coming tonight, I know him hes pretty hard core." He told me, I smiled at that tid-bit of information. A good feeling came over me, lets just hope that last.