Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Shi.t he's hot." Sydney exclaimed as soon as Shawn left. I raised my eyebrows at her and just started laughing.

"Ew." Matt screeched in disgust.

"Shut up, you know you would tap that." Sydney said to Matt and my eyes grew wide.

"Oh my god Syd, shut up!" I exclaimed between laughs. This was why she was my best friend, her sense of humor was great.

"What?" She shrugged. "You can't say that he isn't attractive."

"Well..." I started.

"See! I told you. But how are you guys like friends?" She asked and I scowled at her.

"We've always been friends."

"You know what I mean." She glared at me for a second and then we both started laughing. That was our friendship. We would fight for a few seconds and then we would laugh about it.

"Me and him are partners for a music appreciation project."

"Are you serious? You lucky hoe!" She exclaimed and I grinned, pretending to flip my hair.

"Yeah we have to write a song." Matt rolled his eyes while groaning.

"Wait! Seriously? That's so romantic. Ugh I'm jealous." Syd grunted, crossing her arms over her chest and turning away. I laughed at how stupid she was and shook my head. The rest of lunch consisted of us three bantering back and forth between one another.

The following day approached quickly and before I knew it, I was in Music Appreciation class. I entered the room, chattering with Matt about various things. We took our seats and I rummaged through my book bag for a pencil and then put it on my desk. I looked around the room and my eyes fell on Shawn who was already looking at me.

His mouth formed a smirk and he looked away with a goofy grin on his face. What was he smirking about? He was such an idiot.

"So your projects are due in about a month, I don't have a set due date yet, but that is an estimate. And you must get together with your partner after school or whenever, because we're not going to waste essential time in class working on these projects. I have a curriculum to teach." Mrs. Cunningham told us. A few students groaned and protested, because they wanted to waste time in class. I turned to look at my partner and caught him staring at me again. I mouthed, "What?" at him and raised my arms in question. "Nothing." He mouthed back at me, shrugging, a cute little smile on his face, making me laugh a little.

"Ava!" Matt waved his hands in front of my face.

"Huh?" I asked, looking away from Shawn.

"I've been talking to you, but you've been too busy flirting with Shawn." Matt explained.

"I have not been flirting!" I exclaimed, in protest.

"Sure, whatever." Matt smirked, patting my arm playfully.

"Go away." I laughed, teasing him and he turned around while shaking his head.

My last two classes passed by dreadfully slow and I almost fell asleep in both classes. I was just hoping that this Tuesday would be over soon, because it had been such a long day.

The bell had just sounded and I walked, arm in arm with Sydney to our lockers to put our books up. Thankfully, somehow, we didn't have any homework tonight and I was so glad. Matt had already left to go to soccer practice so it was just me and Syd in the crowded hallways trying to get to our lockers.

"Why do people make the decision to just start making out in the hallways? Like what is the reasoning behind that?" Sydney questioned with an annoyed expression.