Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I think this is my favorite chapter so far haha

"But fam look at that body," Sydney whispered to me showing me shirtless pictures of some guy named Cameron Dallas that went to a school near us.

"He's attractive, I agree, but I don't think I would date him." I shrugged and she proceeded to hit me on my arm.

"Well I will, so when me and him get together you better not be jealous." She huffed and pretended to flip her hair.

"I won't." I laughed and she pretended to fight me. I usually acted this way with her, making fun of her and teasing her. That's just why we were friends in the first place. Regardless, I loved her with all my heart and I knew she did the same.

"So I saw the picture Shawn posted of you yesterday." She said, wiggling her eyebrows and leaning over the cafeteria table even more to stare into my face.

"Yeah I did too." Matt exclaimed in a girly voice and I burst out laughing while watching him lean over the table too and now both of the idiots were annoying me by staring at me.

"Go away omg." I said, trying to push them away but they wouldn't budge.

"Guys!" I exclaimed in between laughs, and Sydney finally broke and sat back down in her seat, while laughing.

"Matthew!" I exclaimed once again, but he would not move and kept staring at me wildly with his hand on his chin. Sydney started tickling him and he finally stopped looking at me and the two of them began to have a tickle fight right in the cafeteria. I smiled at the both of them, sensing the apparent love they had between each other. Screw Cameron Dallas, Sydney should be with Matt.

I made a small video of them and posted it to my snapchat story with the caption "Lovebirds." Both of them would kill me later when they saw it, but eh I would long be out of their reach by then.

Time went by quickly and now I was sitting in Music Appreciation listening to Matt go on and on about his best friend Burnie, which who I might mention, is his pet dog.

I told him something that my golden retriever, Buddy, did the other day and we were both laughing at my story when I felt something hit me. I saw it was a paper ball that had collided with my shoulder and then had fallen to the ground. I picked it up and scanned the room to see who could've done it.

My eyes landed on Shawn who was snickering like crazy and knew it was probably him, but he wasn't looking over here so I wasn't sure. I opened the paper ball to see if there was something written on the inside and I was surprised at what I found.

You look beautiful today. I hope you can still make it to the game tomorrow?

-Nash

I felt my insides bubbling up like they were about to explode and I glanced at Nash to see him smiling at me. I quickly looked away and stared at the note before me. Was this reality? He had been serious about his hockey game? He really wanted me to go?

I also couldn't help but feel giddy at when he had called me beautiful. Did really mean that? All in all, that made me feel pretty special and I was honestly just flattered at the thought of him complimenting me.

My heart was thudding against my chest uncontrollably and my palms began to grow sweaty. I would have to reply to this and this meant confrontation face to face and that could lead to many bad things, because I was so awkward around him. I was awkward with everybody, but he was special to me, so I was nervous to be myself around him. What if he didn't like me? What if I went to the game and looked like an idiot in front of him? So many bad things could happen and I could envision my embarrassment already in my head. I would probably make a fool of myself, why should I even try?
Things like this never happened to me.