Chapter 17

Chapter 17

THIS CHAPTER IS SO CUTE IM DEAD

*they are texting down below*

babe: hi, are you coming over today? (:

me: sure why not

babe: yay!

me: why do you use those backward smiley's? y not emojis??

babe: cuz I can

me: loser smh

babe: fight me

me: I will, I'm leaving the house now

babe: oh I'm so scared

me: I got some guns now, but I'm otw

babe: u ain't gonna do nothin
see now you're not replying
it's a sign
you're scared of me
hAH

me: I was driving you nimrod, I'm here
and u r as scary as a baby penguin

I got out of my car, seeing Shawn walk out of the door of his house and to the porch. He wore a big smile on his face when he walked out but as I approached him, I noticed something was dreadfully wrong.

His face was covered with bruises and welts including a very prominent black eye. I gasped as I walked towards him, his smile still not wavering.

"Shawn what the fuck happened to you?" I interrogated, standing on my tiptoes a little bit to grab his face with my hands. I ran my finger along one of the bruises and he winced.

"Nothing happened." He mumbled, looking down to the ground, not meeting my eyes. I put my finger under his chin and made him look up at me, his eyes boring into mine now. He gave me a sad look and I just couldn't stop examining his wounds and wondering what the hell has happened to him.

"Yeah I'm sure," I scoffed, pulling away from him. "C'mon lets get these cleaned up." I murmured walking up to his porch and he followed behind me quietly, not saying anything.

He opened the door for me and I glanced around his house to see it was empty, there were no noises coming from anywhere. I walked to his room, him directly behind. As he followed me there, he shut the door of his room with his foot and I sat on his bed, with my arms crossed over my chest, waiting for an explanation from him.

"So?" I asked, looking at him with the most ferocity I could muster.

"So what?" He shrugged at me and sat beside me on the bed. I turned around so I could face him, but he kept looking away.

"Are you going to tell me or not?" I glared at him, my eyebrows knitted in frustration. What had he gotten himself into to be beaten up so badly?

"I don't know." He shrugged again and I shook my head in exasperation.

A sigh left my lips as I stared at his beautiful face, now littered by dark purple bruises and welts. He still looked away from me and I could see him clench his jaw, something he did when he was frustrated or angry. What was he so mad about that he got himself beaten up over? I knew that his anger sometimes got out of control, but what was the matter?

"Where's your bathroom?" I murmured after a sigh had escaped my lips. I might as well could help him dress his wounds, even if he wasn't going to tell me.

"Just the hallway outside," he muttered, his voice coming out as a hoarse whisper. As he stared at the wall in front of him, he looked so conflicted, so deeply upset about something that all I wanted was to comfort him and remove the sadness in his heart.