Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I ended up driving Sydney home and then crashing at her house until 4. There was no reason for me to go back to my house and then go to Shawn's house because I would have no time. Right now, Sydney was smearing lipstick on me to try to get me to look "pretty." According to her, since Shawn had tried so desperately to get my number, that he basically loved me. I definitely thought that was highly, highly unlikely, but I went with Sydney's requests because it was funny seeing her so frazzled and all over the place.

"chill Syd!" I exclaimed as she threw some bronzer at me. I squirmed in the chair she put me in and just as I was about to get up, she turned around abruptly and told me to stay.

"gosh dang it, do you not think I'm naturally pretty?" I asked as she threw more make up at me that she wanted to "test out."

"I do, but sometimes you need a little something something for the boys." She winked at me while shaking her butt like an old lady.

"Please don't do that again." I stared at her horrified and she just ended up laughing.

I glanced at my phone. I had texted Shawn back, saying "Wow so smooth." And he had said "You know I'm the best 💁🏻" with a hair flip emoji. I hadn't texted back, because Sydney had distracted me by basically attacking me. I looked at the time and realized it was now 3:45.

"Wow, look at the time. I have to go! Love you bb!" I exclaimed quickly, throwing all her make up onto her bed that she had tossed to me and running out the room. I ran into the bathroom and quickly wiped the lipstick off, hearing her shouts coming from her room. I hid in the hallway, where she couldn't find me and all of a sudden her door flew open and she was yelling "Stop! Let me fix your face!"

Then when she came to where I was, I jumped at her and scared her.

"Holy shi.t Ava!" She exclaimed. "Are you trynna give a sister a heart attack?"

"No, but I know Matt does that to you everyday." I winked at her and started walking to the front door. I had been over to Syd's house so much that her house was my house and my house was hers. We were super comfortable with each other.

"You wiped the lipstick off?" She screeched, her blue eyes blazing. "That took me ten whole minutes to perfect!"

"Sorry, but I'm all natural baby." I winked at her and stepped out of the house.

"Ava Sampson, you come back here right now." She stood on the porch, with her hands on her hips as she watched me climb into my car.

"Dude! I'm late." I shouted at her.

"Have fun with Shawn," she said, her mood changing as she realized where I was going. "Don't come home pregnant. Although, I would be pregnant just by looking at him-" she started but I cut her off by yelling, "Ew! You're so weird! But I like Nash, remember?"

"hmm, well Nash can go away. Anyways, bye. I wouldn't want to keep Shawn waiting any longer." She waved to me and I laughed and waved back. I quickly texted Shawn and told him I was on the way and then I backed out of her driveway and drove to Shawn's house.

I typically knew where most places were in this town, but I didn't feel like getting lost so I had imputed the address onto my phone's gps system. And pretty soon, I drove up to a white and black middle-sized home. I recognized the car in the driveway, because I had seen it around school. I guess that was Shawn's car.

I pulled into the driveway, and before getting out I texted Shawn that I was here. I found it so awkward when I went to someone's house for the first time and walked over to ring the bell but it turned out to be the wrong person's house. That's why I wanted to take the proper precautions and texted him, so I wouldn't have to experience that awkwardness again.