CHAPTER 45

*Your P.O.V.*

"Ready?" Doctor Ian says as he walks towards you.

You nod slowly and close your eyes.

Doctor Ian squeezes your arm lightly and says, "It's quite swollen. Hm...I can't really tell if it's broken or not without squeezing hard."

"Oh no,no! Don't squeeze hard please!" you beg.

"I won't Y/N. It's just..I have no idea. It's swollen for sure. I don't want to put you under anesthesia because of your pregnancy," he says tapping his finger tips together.

"Then what are you going to do?" Niall asks as he stands up from the chair he slept in.

"I don't know Niall. I don't know if her arm is either fractured or broken," Ian says. "Y/N, are you in a lot of pain?"

"Right now, yes because you squeezed it! But, other than that..not really. It just hurts on my forearm when squeezed," you reply.

"I think the best I can do without doing harm to your pregnancy is put your arm in a cast," Ian says.

"Okay, how long will it have to stay on?" Niall asks.

"Ahout 4-8 weeks, depends really on the healing process," he replies. "I'll put it on after your ultrasound, I'll go get the nurses."

After Doctor Ian leaves, Niall walks over to you and kisses your forehead.

"Don't be upset sweetie," he says and rubs your chin.

"It just annoys the shit out of me that they can't figure out what's really wrong with my arm," you reply and rub your face.

"I know, I know. But, cheer up, we finally get to see how our little booger is doing," Niall says smiling at you.

"Where is Paul?" you ask.

"He went back to the hotel to shower, he'll be back later," he says and rubs his nose against yours.

You smile and let out a giggle.

"When are my parents landing?" you say and kiss Niall's jaw.

"About an hour. My parents left early today too. Got a text around midnight saying that they got a flight at 6.a.m., which probably means they'll be here at night and come in the morning tomorrow," he says.

"Okay, did...did you tell them?" you ask looking at Niall. Niall's got dark circles under his eyes and his hair is all messed up on the back. You smile softly at how his hair is standing up on the back.

"No, of course not! I didn't feel like it was my place to tell them without you," Niall says and rubs your cheek with his thumb.

"Good morning guys! We're here to take you to the ultrasound room to check out how far along you are and how it's doing," a blonde nurse says.

Niall steps back as the nurse grabs your IV pole while another nurse wheels out the bed.

"Thought you ladies were going to take her out of the bed," Niall says as they push you towards the double doors that read 'Ultrasound/Maternity."

"Nah, we didn't want to cause her more pain," the nurse says.

As the doors open, you notice the room is dark and big. There is a ultrasound machine with a couple of other machines. The nurse parks you near the machine and plugs in your IV pole.

"All right Y/N, let's pull down those blankets so we can put on this gel," says the nurse.

You pull down the blanket just over your stomach and lift your gown up a bit. Niall sits in the chair next to your bed and grabs your hand.

"So, was this baby planned or accident?" asks the nurse as she gets the things ready.

"Ehh, as my friend says, this baby is a blessing," Niall replies.

"You two look so young! I know Y/N is 20, and you Niall?" she asks as she puts the gel on your stomach. It's cold and you squirm a bit.

"I'm almost 21 ma'am," Niall replies and squeezes your hand.

"Ahhh, well, let me tell you. Kids are the most precious thing you can get. Sure they're a handful, but it's worth it," she says and grabs the probe. She presses it against your stomach, spreading the gel around.

"Okay, let's see," she says as she presses buttons and moves the probe around.

You look at Niall who is staring at the screen on the machine. His eyes are scanning, trying to figure out where our little booger is.

"Ah! Here we go, let me zoom in," says the nurse and presses more into your stomach. She presses a button and the screen zooms in on a small circle.

"There it is! Since you're about, ehhh, I'll say 4-5 weeks pregnant, you can't really tell the formation of the embryo, but you can see the sac forming," the nurse explains.

You stare at the screen and smile slowly.

"Is..is it okay?" you ask.

"So far, everything looks good. The sac is attached at the proper spot," she replies.

Niall kisses your hand and says, "That's good. When do you think she'll be due?"

The nurse thinks for a while and says, "I would say late February or early March of next year."

You look at Niall, who's mouth is in a firm line.

"Dammit," he mumbles that only you hear him. You squeeze his hand and smile at him, showing him you understand his frustration.

"Okay, thanks," Niall replies and looks at you. He shrugs and rubs your ring finger with his thumb.

"Everything is fine here. All right, let's get you cleaned up Y/N and back to your room so you can eat breakfast," says the nurse.

-----------

*Later that day*

"Mom, dad!" you say as you see your parents walking into your room. You're sitting up in the bed playing with Niall's hair.

"Darling, are you okay? How are you?" your mother says walking over and hugs you.

"I'm fine, just got this damn cast on my arm ," you say showing your arm.

"Awww baby, that sucks. But at least you're okay," your father says hugging you.

"Niall, you look horrendous!" your mom says gasping when she sees Niall's messed up hair.

"Mom!" you say giving her a look and shake your head.

Niall laughs and says, "Yeah, I know. But right now, I don't even care how I look. All I care about right now is Y/N."

"Right, right. Where are your bandmates?" your father asks.

"They're still asleep...I think. They had a concert last night, I think they're coming over later before they leave," Niall replies.

"Niall if you want you can head to the hotel and take a quick shower, grab something to eat, take a nap, and talk to management," you say looking at him.

"Are you sure you're fine?" he says.

You nod and say, "Yeah, I got my parents here. You need to talk to management ASAP."

"Why do you need to talk to management?" your mom asks.

"Um, he's gotta tell them what happened and why he can't leave with the guys," you quickly reply.

"Ah, okay, well go ahead and leave Niall, we got this," your father says.

"Okay, if you need anything, call me," Niall says and kisses your forhead. "See you later babe, love you."

"Love you too Niall," you reply and watch as Niall leaves the room.

--------------

*Niall's P.O.V. At Hotel*

"Niall, mate! You're back! How is she?" Liam asks as I walk into the room. The lads are playing a board game, Connect Four, while Alberto and Harry are watching T.V.

"She's fine, erm, they're fine," I correct myself. "Her parents are with her at the moment, my parents will land in a couple of hours."

"That's good, so any news on the baby?" Zayn asks while eating a chip.

"She's about 4-5 weeks along, it's so small! Like smaller than a grain of rice! But apparently it's attached properly, so I'm guessing that's good," I reply and sit down the couch.

"Ah, so she'll be due...ummm, March?" Harry says while counting on his fingers.

"Yeah that's what the nurse said," I reply and stretch out on the couch. "I'm going to call management and tell them what happened."

"Yeah, you might want to do that now before it gets late in London," Louis says.

"I hope it goes well," I mumble.

I grab my phone, tap on their contact, and wait as the phone rings.

"Modest! Management, this is Heather speaking, how may I help you?" says the secretary.

"Heather, it's Niall Horan from One Direction. I need to talk to boss ASAP," I say and look at the lads who are all staring at me.

"Sure thing Niall, one moment," she replies and puts me through another line.

"We'll be in the kitchen," Harry says as they all walk to the kitchen to give me privacy.

"Hello Niall," says Boss.

"Hey Boss, I need to talk to about something important," I say.

"It better be about that thing we talked about," he replies.

"Uh, that had to be cancelled," I say nervously.

"What?! Why?!" Boss yells.

"Listen, Y/N and Paul were in an accident yesterday coming from the airport," I say. "So, the lads, Alberto, and I went to check on them. The lads went to the concert, but I stayed behind."

"WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD YOU NOT PERFORM?!" Boss yells louder that I have to pull the phone away from my ear.

"Because, my fiance was badly injured! I wasn't just going to leave her!" I yell back.

"NIALL, YOU LITTLE DUMBASS. YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THIS WILL AFFECT US?!" he says.

"I know, but I have to put my fiance first Boss," I reply. "The fans don't know yet about this, but they will eventually. But understand that I'm not going to travel with the lads until Y/N goes home."

"YOU LITTLE SHIT! WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! WHAT ABOUT THE FANS?!" Boss yells even louder.

"What if she needs me and I'm not there!" I reply and clench my fist.

"Dammit Niall," boss says and sighs deeply.

"I will not tell her what you told me. I cannot do that anymore, I object. But, I have other news to tell you," I say and wait for a reply.

"What other news?" he replies.

"She's..she's preg..pregnant," I say and I can hear him growl under his breath.

"NIALL! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?! WHAT THE FUCK? THAT'S WHAT CONDOMS ARE FOR! DAMMIT!" Boss yells.

"It was an accident! We didn't plan it! Trust me, we weren't expecting kids until after marriage, but accidents happen," I reply.

"GODDAMMIT! WHAT WILL THE FANS THINK?! WHAT ABOUT THE DAMN PRESS?! NIALL, YOU FUCKING FUCKED UP THE BAND'S FUTURE!" he says angrily.

"Let them think what they want! I don't give a fuck! We're not getting rid of it, if that's what you're thinking right now. The fans....only real fans will stick around. I'm not leaving my family," I say and look at the lads. They're all looking at me, wide eyed.

Boss sighs again and says through clenched teeth, "How far along is she?"

"She's 4-5 weeks along. She'll be due in early March maybe," I reply.

"You know you'll be busy with the new album and promotion. What are you going to do about her studies?," he says.

"I know and we're not sure. That's up to her honestly. But...if she doesn't continue university, is there a possibility for her to come along with me when we travel?" I ask and sit up on the couch.

"I don't know Niall. Listen, I'm fucking angry at you. You should have been more careful with that thing of yours. But...huh, this is just going to add more stress to your life, you know that right?" he says.

"Yeah I know, but it's part of life boss," I reply and scratch my chin.

"I know it is! But still, you two are too young for a child! The band is in its prime Niall! Think of how much money-I mean, think of the fans! How disappointed they'll be to know that their Irish snowflake is leaving the band," he says.

"Woah, hold up boss. Who said I'm leaving?" I ask.

"Well, aren't you? You did say it yourself, you won't leave your family," he says.

"That's why I'm asking if she can come along for the rest of the tour," I reply.

"I don't know Niall, she'll be a distraction," he says.

"Boss, if she doesn't come along, I'll be more distracted because I'll be thinking of how she is and how's my child," I say and rub my eye. "Do you want me to be more distracted or not be distracted if she comes along? Your choice boss."

Boss takes a while before replying, I hope he's really thinking about it. I glance over at the guys and see they're all waiting for me to say something.

"Okay, we'll make a deal. If she comes along, you have to keep everything grounded. Don't let your family affect the band. I don't want any problems from her. If you agree to this, I'll let her come along," he says.

I think about what he said. Hmmm, it seems fair, doesn't it?

"Okay deal," I reply.

"Okay then, one other thing, don't let the media know until after the first trimester, it's a health/personal thing. So, if she starts showing before then, make sure she wears baggy clothes," he says.

"Okay will do, anything else?" I reply and see the guys all sighing in relief.

"That will do for now. Dammit Niall, I would expect all this shit from Harry or Louis, but you're just ready to grow up," he says. "If I need anything else, I'll contact you. Remember what I said."

"Sure will, wait, I need to ask you a question! When can she start tagging along?" I ask.

"After the American Tour," he replies.

"Okay, well I gotta go Boss," I say.

"Okay Niall, talk to you later," he says and hangs up.

I put my phone away and groan loudly.

"Finally, that is off my chest," I say and stand up.

"Everything okay mate?" Louis asks.

"Yeah, everything is okay now. I'll tell you lads later, I need to shower," I say and walk towards the bathroom.

---------------------------

*At Hospital. 6:15 p.m.*

When I arrive at the hospital with the lads and security, I see that my parents are sitting outside the room.

"Mum, dad," I say and hug them.

"Niall, where were you?" Maura asks hugging me tight.

"I went to the hotel to shower and stuff, the lads are in the waiting room," I reply.

"Niall?" I hear a faint, tired voice say from inside.

I step inside and see Y/N sitting up, eating a bowl of soup with her left hand.

"Hey princess," I say and kiss her forehead. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired as hell and stuffed. They made me eat like 3 snacks before you came," she replies pointing to the trash can. It had a banana peel, a yogurt, and chex mix.

"For, erm, the baby huh?" I whisper in her ear so my mum won't hear.

She nods and says, "My parents left when your parents arrived. They went to the hotel to shower and eat a proper dinner. They'll be back later."

"Niall," I hear from behind. It's Bobby and he's got a worried look on his face.

"What's wrong Bobby?" I ask turning around and raising my eyebrow.

"Did you guys noticed the press following you lads? They're a couple outside," he replies.

"Shit, really? Where exactly?" I ask.

"Near the entrance of the hospital, they don't know about Y/N's accident?" he asks.

"No, we didn't want them to crowd the hospital, but apparently the scum bags found out," I reply and rub my forehead.

"Niall, what are we going to do? I don't want them to cause trouble," Y/N asks obviously hearing what Bobby and I said.

"I have no idea babe, I'll go talk to them. Hang on, lemme text the lads that they can come in," I say and text them.

Moments later, I hear Harry's laugh and Louis' voice from down the hall.

"Hey Y/N! How are you?" Louis asks, the rest of the guys follow behind.

"Good, good," she replies.

"Babe, I'll be back. I'll go see what I can do," I say and grab Bobby's arm.

"What happened?" Zayn asks looking at me with a questioning look.

"Press is here," I say.

"Ah shit, damn paps need a proper job," Liam says.

"Yeah, we'll be back," I say and lead Bobby out of the room.

"Where are you two going?" mum asks.

"Paps are here, so we're going to talk to them," I reply.

-----------------------

*Outside the hospital*

"Niall, are you sure son?" Bobby asks as I approach the flashing cameras.

"Yeah, they won't leave until they get an answer," I say.

"Niall! Niall! What happened?! Why weren't you at the show?!" they start asking.

"Please, I'll say this once and then afterwards, I want you paps to leave and give my family privacy, deal?" I say.

"Okay! Tell us Niall!" this lady says.

"My fiance and Paul had an accident. A truck hit them on the side. Paul had minor injuries, while Y/N has a broken arm. They are both all right, that's why I wasn't at the concert with the lads. I won't be until my fiance leaves to go home, safe and healthy. Our families are here also. The lads will continue with the tour," I say.

"Niall,-" someone starts asking.

"That's it guys. Thanks so much, but would you please leave the hospital grounds and give my family privacy," I say and turn around before they start asking questions again.

-----------------------

*Later that night*

Our parents left around 9:30 p.m. to go to their hotel. The lads left earlier because they have to drive to the next city. "Niall, what did management say?" Y/N asks as we play Go Fish.

"They said, if you're quitting university, you can come along for the rest of the tour after the American leg," I reply.

"Ohhh, I mean, I'm gonna have to stop university. Unless I do them online. I'll ask about that another day, but anyway, what else did they say?" she asks.

"That they don't want problems from us. Not to tell the media until after the first trimester," I reply and look at her.

Her face is a bit pale and her hair is tangled in the back, but she still looks beautiful.

"Oh, yeah I knew about the first trimester thing. Babe, when are we going to tell our families?" she asks and grabs my hand.

I shrug and say, "Whenever you want to princess."

She bites her lower lip in thought and rubs her chin. "I guess tomorrow, the doctor said he would let me out tomorrow after my final check up," she replies.

"That's fine with me, whatever you want. Do you want to stay in town for a bit, just in case?" I ask and kiss her knuckles.

"Yeah, so that way your parents can plan their flight back to Ireland," she says and yawns deeply.

"Okay, do you need anything else before we go to bed?" I say as I start putting the cards away.

"Ummm not that I know of," she replies and presses the button so her bed can stretch down.

I pull the chair closer to her and kiss her cheek. "Okay, I'll see you in the morning baby," I say and pull the blanket up to her chin.

"Okaaayy, good night Niall. Love you sweetie," she says.

I sit on the couch and put the pillow behind my head and the blanket over me. "Love you too princess, sweet dreams," I say and grab her hand, wrapping my fingers through hers.

------------------------------

Thanks for reading! Next update: sunday, August 4th. :) thanks for being patient guys! Please try to understand! xx

Vote and comment!

And read my harry fanfic! :)

***ONCE I REACH 1k FOLLOWERS ON WATTPAD, I WILL HAVE A CONTEST! SO MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW ME! :) ****

**CHECK OUT MY LARRY STYLINSON PLAYLIST. LINK ON MY HOMEPAGE, WHERE MY "BIOGRAPHY" IS AT.I'm also working on a Niall Playlist so yall can listen to it while reading :).***