Chapter 61

*Your P.O.V.*

It's been 3 weeks since Niall and you have agreed on trying to work things out. And so far...everything is going okay. He's been visiting a lot, making sure you're okay and just hanging out at home. He's been trying really hard this past week. He's been coming over since the time you wake up until the late hours at night. Niall has also told management about the situation and pretty much to fuck themselves. Although they absolutely didn't approve, he told them that he doesn't care and not to contact him until after Riley's arrival.

So yeah, it's been a very eventful couple of weeks. But right now, it's almost the end of January, which means you're getting closer and closer to your due date. Nothing has been solved permanently about the future...

"Niall," you say as you give him a strange look. "What the hell are you doing?"

He looks up at you and licks the spoon. "Er, I always liked to lick the spoon. Is that weird?"

You and Niall are making a couple of brownies because of your cravings.

You laugh and shake your head, "No, no, you just looked weird."

He makes a face and groans, "It's sooo good. Mmmm..choocoolattee."

You wash the dirty dishes in sink and reply, "Well, you're washing the spoon then."

"Damn right i will," he says grinning.

You roll your eyes and return to washing. "You know, it's almost Feburary."

He nods and leans against the counter, "Yeeaahhh, don't remind me."

"Why? It means I'm closer to my due date!"

He glances away and licks the spoon, "Because...it's Feburary. The month of cupid."

You blink and it hits you. Last year, during this time, you and Niall were celebrating together...as a couple. Now...it's just going to be weird.

"I'm sure you'll find a valentine," you say shrugging. "You never know."

He makes a face and scoffs, "Ha, no. I'd rather not."

"Why not?"

"Why do I need one? I'm perfectly content with being a loner," he says.

You chuckle and dry off the dishes, "Rigghhttt, that's what you say now."

He laughs and puts the spoon in the sink, "Yep, don't believe me?"

You look over at him and raise an eyebrow, "I didn't say that.."

"But it was implied!" he says and starts walking away. "We'll see won't we?"

"What do you mean by that?" you say turning around. "Niall, Niall!"

He walks to the door and grabs his jacket from the couch, "What? I'm just saying, I'll prove you wrong."

"Niall!" you say loudly.

"What? Are you thinking that I'm gonna find a girl? Hmmm? Ya jealous?" he says, trying to hide his grin.

You roll your eyes, "No, I was gonna say you forgot to clean your spoon!"

"What? I can't hear you, uh, talk to you later Y/N!" he says quickly and leaves.

"What the fuck Niall?! What about the brown-" you yell as he shuts the door. You watch him walk down the drive from the kitchen window. He's obviously smug with himself. That sneaky punk....

-------------------------------------------

*Niall's P.O.V.*

I pull up to the apartment where I have been staying at. It's in the downtown area, it's quite cozy and quiet around. The apartment is a 2 bedroom and 1 bath with a kitchen and big living room. I walk inside and switch on the lights. I haven't really been in here that much because I've spent most of my days with Y/N. I think we're making progress in our relationship. Maybe soon enough I can ask her on a date...