Chapter 64

*Niall's P.O.V*

"Niall," says Nurse Jena, poking her head inside the door. "Your visitors are in the waiting room."

"Can you tell them I'll get them later? Thanks," I say. Nurse Jena nods and leaves the room.

Right now, it's 5:15 a.m., almost an hour since she woke me up. The doctor is almost done with his emergency C-section. Y/N is holding up, but in a shit load of pain. The past few minutes, she's been very vocal about it.

"Niall," Y/N groans. "Why can't they hurry up?"

"He's coming, don't worry princess."

And right on cue, Doctor Olsen walks into the room.

"Heeellooooo, sorry for the wait darling. But the baby was tied up and other things. Woo man," he says as he scrubs up.

"Finally Doc," Y/N mumbles and I can't help but let out a small chuckle.

"Doctor, we've got an elevated heartbeat," Hayley says. "But it's nothing to worry about."

"Okay, we'll keep a track of that during the process," he says putting on his gloves. "All right, Y/N are you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," she replies.

He laughs and walks over to us. "Ahh women. Okay Niall, would you mind standing beside her. Grab her hand or whatever she tells you to do. Hayley do you mind mentoring Y/N through the process. Kendra please be prepared with the baby equipment for when I ask."

I do what he says and walk over the right side of Y/N. I grab her hand and she squeezes it tightly. I look at her and smile.

"Okay Y/N, put your legs up on these things and get a good grip of Niall's hand," Hayley says. "Okay, we're going to push and count to 10. Big, strong pushes. If you're feeling shortness of breath, tell me."

"Okay," Y/N says gripping my hand tighter.

"Okay, big breath in," Hayley says. "And...1,2,3, push!"

Y/N pushes as Hayley counts to 10 out loud. "...5,6,7,8,9,10. Breathe!"

"Great push Y/N!" says Doctor Olsen.

"You're doing great princess," I say as she catches her breath.

"Ready? 1,2,3, push!"

We repeat the process 4 more times before Doctor Olsen said that he can now see Riley's head.

"Okay, okay, 2 more pushes should do! C'mon Y/N strong pushes!" he says.

Y/N is sweating and is breathing hard. "C'mon love," I say into her ear. "You can do this. Just 2 more big pushes and we can finally see our son."

She whimpers and squeezes my hand even tighter. "God they weren't kidding about child birth."

"Okay Y/N, 1,2,3, push!" Hayley says.

Y/N grunts as she pushes and lets out a loud groan when Hayley got to 10.

"Okay, 1 more babe. You can do this. You're doing amazing. Okay? 1 more," I say.

"I'm so...so tired," she breathes.

"I know you are, but you can do this. Don't give up, you can do this," I say and kiss her cheek. "C'mon babe, 1 more push."

"Okay this should be the last one Y/N, ready? 1....2.....3....push!" Hayley says.

Y/N squeezes her eyes shut tight and makes her final push. I press my forehead against hers and plant small kisses on her eyelid.