Chapter 54

*Niall's P.O.V.*

It's been about 2 months since the tour ended. It's December 23rd, Y/N is 6 months into her pregnancy. We've been remodeling Bo's room into Riley's room. We've agreed on blue and green as our main colors. Riley's room doesn't really have theme, we just put random decorations on the walls. Oops.

Right now, we're getting everything ready for Christmas! My parents are coming down for the holidays and will be staying at our house. My brother and his daughter and wife weren't able to make it due to Denise wanting to visit her family. The lads are staying with their families as well, however, Harry and Louis said they'll try to make it for New Years.

"Niall, do you think we'll need anything else?" Y/N asks as she steps away from the tree. We've spent 2 hours decorating our big tree with lights and ornaments.

I hug her from behind and lay my chin on her shoulder. "It looks awesome babe! So pretty!" I say and kiss her cheek.

She rubs her chin and says, "Are you sure? Does it need more lights or something?"

"Yeah I'm sure. However, I need to put the star ontop of the tree," I say.

She grabs the star from the sofa and hands it to me. "Here you go, grab the ladder and I'll tell you how to position it," she says.

I grab the ladder and climb up on the steps. "All right tell me how," I say putting on the star.

Y/N backs up to get a better view of the tree. "Ehh, a little to the left!" she says.

I move it a bit and say, "Now?"

She tilts her head and narrows her eyes. "Hmmmm...I think...hmmm...move it a tiny bit more to the left," she says.

I do and she claps her hands, "Stop! Right there! Perfect!"

I leave it as it is and step down.

"Ahhh, looks so pretty!" she says smiling at the tree.

"Yep, just imagine babe, next year, we'll have little Riley messing with the ornaments," I say hugging her waist.

She looks up at me and giggles, "Yeah that's so true. That'll be interesting."

I smile and kiss her nose, "Just a bit more than 2 months Y/N and he'll be here!"

She nods and lays her head against my chest, "Yeah, I just hope everything goes well that day."

"It will babe, don't worry about it," I reply and rub her back. Lately, Y/N has been worrying about the special day. She's read stories about complications during delivery on the internet and it's gotten her freaked out.

"What time are your parents landing tomorrow?" she asks.

"Uhhh, around 2 p.m., I told them I'll pick them while you and your parents get things ready for tomorrow's dinner," I say.

"That's fine, my parents will be here around noon they said," she replies and rubs her stomach. "Oohh, Riley is awake. He's kicking up a storm."

I laugh and put my hand on her stomach. "That's good! It's a great start to a pro footie (soccer) player!" I say.

She rolls her eyes and says, "Maybe so, but at least you're not getting your lungs kicked!"

I chuckle and hug her tightly, "Awww babe, I'm sorry."

She sticks her tongue out and says, "Uh hu sure. Do you mind if we go last minute gift shopping right now?"

I raise an eyebrow at her and say, "For who?"

She bites her lower lip and mumbles, "Just to see what's there."

I laugh and poke her nose, "You just want to buy more stuff for Riley's room don't you?"

She looks away and says, "Nooo..? What? Me? Naahhh.."

I shake my head and kiss her forehead, "Of course we can silly. C'mon get your shoes on and we'll go."

She smiles and kisses me quickly on the lips, "Yay! Okay, I'll be back!" and walks quickly to the room.

I smile and roll my eyes. Silly, silly Y/N......

----------------------------

*At Mall*

We've been at the mall for about an hour. Y/N has been non stop shopping for Riley. It's pretty cute seeing her walk around the baby store like a maniac. Heh. Anyway, the past hour, I've been following her around as she hands me stuff to carry.

"Do you think this will look cute in his room?" Y/N asks holding an animal mobile for Riley's bed.

"Yeah, it's cute," I say as she hands me it to carry.

"I think this is it. I need to stop before I waste a shit load of money," she says laughing.

As we walk over to the cash register, Y/N pokes my side and says, "Niall, I think there are press around."

I look at her and raise an eyebrow, "Why do you say that?"

She looks at her phone and says, "One of these update accounts I follow on Twitter just tweeted '@Y/N and @NiallOfficial have been spotted at the mall! Press and fans are waiting outside!"

My eyebrows furrow together and I sigh, "Oh well then, we'll just what happens."

We pay our things and quickly walk out of the store hand-in-hand.

"Niall, what if we get mobbed? We don't have any protection," she says squeezing my hand.

"Everything will be fine babe," I say kissing her cheek. "Trust me?"

She looks at me and nods slowly, "Yeah, I trust you."

As we get closer to the doors, I see that whoever tweeted that was right. There are a lot of people outside. Shit.

"Stay close," I say pulling her against my side. Y/N buries her face in my arm as we walk through the doors.

"Niall! Niall!" the fans and press start screaming. "Niall, can I get your autograph? Niall! Niall!"

"Excuse us," I say shoving through the crowd. There has to be at least 100 people around us.

"Y/N! Y/N! How's the pregnancy?! When are you due?!" the press ask Y/N. Their cameras are flashing right in our faces.

"Niall! Please let's take a picture!" a fans says.

"I'm sorry we can't stop right now guys," I say shoving people away. Why did I have to park the car far?

"Niall! Niall! C'mon Niall, be nice to your fans!" says a photographer.

I roll my eyes and keep on shoving people. "Excuse us, please move." Dammit, why do they have to mob us?!

All of a sudden, I feel someone walking in between Y/N's and mines hands separating us. Shit!

"Niall! Niall!" I hear Y/N yell. Fans and press see her alone and rush towards her, surrounding her.

I run towards her, pushing people away, not caring who it is. "Niall!" Y/N yells blocking her eyes from the flashing cameras.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" I yell pushing press and fans away. "Get away! Can't you see she's pregnant?!"

"Niall," she squeals as someone grabs her arm and that's when I lose it. I drop the bags and squeeze myself in between people. I hear a couple of fans yelling "OUCH!" but right now, I don't care. All I care about is my fiancé and her protection.

"Niall! Help!" Y/N asks as she tries to pull her arm away from the fucking pap.

"C'mon Y/N answer our questions!" he says flashing his camera.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!!!!" I growl pushing him away and grabbing Y/N's hand, pulling her into my arms. "DON'T YOU EVER TOUCH MY FIANCE LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN OR I'LL FUCKING KICK YOUR ASS! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND SHE'S PREGNANT BASTARD?!"

"Niall, let's go," Y/N whispers rubbing my cheek, trying to calm me down. "Please...let's leave."

I give the pap a nasty look and sigh, "All right," I mumble and lead Y/N away from the shocked crowd. I grab the bags that I dropped and look down at the ground. Dammit, this is gonna show up on the media.

We hop inside the car and I pull out of the parking lot to the highway.

"Niall, please slow down," Y/N says gripping the dashboard. I look at the speedometer and see I'm going 20 miles over speed limit. I immediately slow down.

For the rest of the car ride, we rode in silence. I was still fuming from the mobbing and I know that Y/N is trying to give me time to calm down. We pull up into the drive way and I park the car.

"Niall," Y/N says turning to me. I sigh and turn to her.

"Yeah?" I reply.

She grabs my hand and kisses it. "Are you okay now?" she asks looking at me with her big, beautiful eyes. Her eyes are scanning my face for an answer.

I shrug and say, "I guess so."

She sighs and squeezes my hand, "C'mon let's go inside."

--------------------

*Later that night. Your P.O.V.*

You and Niall haven't spoken much since the mobbing. You went straight to the bedroom as Niall went to watch T.V. in the living room.

You're laying on the bed, with Bo at your feet, and you're on Twitter.

Everyone has been talking about the mobbing and how they've never seen Niall so mad. However, they're happy he protected you.

"Why hasn't Niall talked to me about it?" you think as you skim through your news feed. "Is he angry still? Should I go talk to him?"

All of a sudden, you feel a kick and it makes you jump.

"Ouch Riley, I thought you were asleep," you say rubbing your stomach where you felt the kick.

Riley has been kicking a lot the past few days, making you wince in pain sometimes.

You decide to tweet, "Riley is kicking a lot lately! I think he's excited for the holidays! :) and don't worry guys, I'm okay from today's surprise! :)"

You check the time and see it's almost 11 p.m., so you decide to get ready for bed. After you get dressed into Pajamas, you lay down on the bed and pull the blanket over you.

"I hope Niall comes to bed soon," you think and plug in your earphones and listen to Ed Sheeran.

-------------------------

*Niall's P.O.V.*

I've been thinking for the past 2 hours about what happened today. The mobbing scared the shit out of me. I can't get the image of Y/N being attacked by the press and fans, especially that person who had her arm.

I'm sitting on the couch, thinking about everything. What would have happened if I weren't able to get to her? They would have harassed her that's what!

I rub my eyes and sigh deeply. It's almost 1 a.m. and I'm pretty sure Y/N is already asleep. I stand up and walk to the bedroom. I open the door slowly and peep inside. Bo is on the ground, sleeping, and Y/N has her back turned to me...I'm guessing sleeping.

I tip-toe inside, trying my best to see in the dark. I take off my shirt and jeans and throw them into the dirty laundry basket in the corner of the room.

I lift the blanket up slowly and slide underneath.

"Niall?" I hear Y/N whisper. Oh shit.

"Y/N, I thought you were asleep," I whisper back and face her. With the moonlight shining into our room, I can make out Y/N's face a bit. I notice that her eyebrows are furrowed together.

"I can't sleep Niall. What time is it?" she asks taking her earphones out.

"It's almost 1 a.m.," I reply.

"Niall, are you upset at me?" Y/N asks sounding a bit worried.

"Mad? At you? No, no, why would you say that?" I say rubbing her cheek.

"Because...you didn't say a word to me after the mobbing," she replies.

"Ohhh, no babe. I'm just upset at the fucking press," I reply and kiss her nose. "Don't worry."

She sighs and scoots closer to me. She buries her face in my chest and says, "Thank you for saving me Niall."

I rub her back and kiss the top of her head. "No problem princess. It's my job to protect you."

I wrap my arms around her and whisper, "Go to sleep Y/N, it's Christmas tomorrow. We have a long day."

She kisses my cheek and says, "Okay, I'll try to. Good night Niall."

I kiss her quickly on the lips and squeeze her tight, "Good night, I'll see you in the morning."

------------------------

*Next Morning*

"Babe, do I look okay?" Y/N asks twirling around. She's wearing a red sweater dress with black leggings and silver flats. Her hair is down with loose waves and I must say, she looks freaking adorable.