Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter 22 - Flashbacks

*Freshman Year*

This year is the beginning of the rest of my life. High school is a big deal. It's where I will define who I am. It's what my mother wishes for me to do.

When I last visited her, I promised her that in high school, I will open up. I'll stop being such a dork. I'll join a club or two, and maybe make more friends.

Her and dad insist that I see way too much of just Elliot and Mallory, speaking of them.

Elliot and Mallory strut up to me, hand in hand. They're the cutest couple ever. They're the definition of the perfect couple. Something that I wish to be with someone, someday.

"Hey there Anna Banana!" Elliot greets me.

He's always picking on me, calling me some funny name. "Be quiet Smelliot, we'll never have new friends if we act like children." I hush him, calling him a name of my own.

"Speak for yourself Anna. I don't need new friends. You two are enough for me." He smiles, pulling both Mallory and I into a tight hug.

"Ew, don't give me your couple germs!" I groan, pushing them off of me.

"You're ridiculous Anna." Mallory laughs.

"Hey! Are we going to Troy's party this weekend?" Mallory chirps.

"You mean popular Troy? Are you crazy?" I ask in disbelief.

"Of course not! It'll be fun and so busy that no one will even know we're there." She shrugs as if it's no big deal to crash the party of one of the most popular boys in our class.

-

"I can't believe I let you pressure me into this." I grunt as Mallory squeezes me into a tight body-con dress. I allowed her to doll me up for the night, making me ten times prettier than I usually am.

Mallory being Mallory, got her way once again. She's so conniving that she drives me nuts, but I still love her. I mean, how bad could one party be?

"Oh shut up, you look great!" She squeals.

Dresses aren't my typical apparel. Usually I'm more of a tomboy and that drives Mallory crazy. Apparently if you're as small as me, it only makes sense to show it off. That's her logic anyways.

Personally, I think it's a load of crap.

-

"I told you that if we come late, no one will notice us." Mallory smirks, standing besides me in the crowded room.

The music is booming, everyone wreaks of cheap vodka, and I have a pretty strong buzz going on. We've been here since eleven, and it's now one in the morning. She was right, because no one has noticed us yet. That, or all the make up makes us look twice our age.

So far we've played a few games of beer pong, did a few rounds of shots with some upperclassmen, and have seen multiple people spilling their guts everywhere.

"Hey! Let's dance!" Mallory insists, nudging me towards the middle of the room where sweaty bodies are smothering each other.

"Umm, I'll pass, you go have fun." I encourage her. I know Mallory can take care of herself.