Chapter Thirty Nine

Chapter 39 - Neutral

I sat on the mall bench with my feet up on Jason. "What now?"

Jason looks up from his phone, tucking it into his pocket. "Well, I'd ask you to come over but that probably wouldn't go down so well."

Jason was still staying at Parker's. His dad had went back home, but he asked to stay a little while longer because of me. I didn't know how Parker was handling it. He either cares or he doesn't. Either way, it's his dad's choice.

"How are things there?" I chew the inside of my lip, not knowing if he'd want to talk about this. I don't want to seem too curious about Parker.

"He won't talk to me. My uncle doesn't talk to me too much either."

"I'm sorry." I sit forward and grab his hand, slowly stroking my thumb along his.

"It's not your fault. I think I'm just over staying my welcome."

My heart panged a little. If he were to leave, I wouldn't really have anything here for me. Mallory is mad at me and things are starting to feel a little weird between Jake and I. I don't really have any other friends other than them.

I'm also just starting to get to know Jason, and I don't want it to stop. I don't think I'd really be up for the long distance thing. I just don't think it'd work.

"So you're going to be leaving soon then?" I sigh.

"Looks like it. But it'll be alright." He gently squeezes my hand.

A thought popped in my head at that moment and I looked up at him, a smile spread wide across my face. "You're right. It will be."

"You're kind of freaking me out." He chuckles and I swing my legs to the floor.

"Maybe this is going too fast, I don't know. It can just be a friendly thing, that would be fine, but anyway, I've been looking for apartments. What if we were roomies?" I smile at the thought. I wasn't ready to be too romantic with him, and there was no relationship defined between us, but that doesn't mean we couldn't live together. Friends do it all the time.

He looked a little nervous but then shrugged. "Yeah I'd be down for it."

"Well then it's settled, I'll start applying for two bedroom apartments instead of studios." I smiled.

"Why two bedrooms?" He questions and I was little thrown off.

"I said friendly, remember?" I laugh a little. I barely know him. I'm not rushing the relationship aspect that fast.

-

"I don't like it." My dad sat in his office, hands clasped together on the desk top.

"Dad. It's not a big deal." I was leaning against the door frame, tired of this overly extended argument. Mostly because he isn't helping financially, and so I know there's nothing he can do about it and he knows it too. "I don't even know this guy."

"Well that's fine because you're not the one who will be living with him." I remarked.

"He's Parker's family Anna. What the hell has gotten into you?!" His voice boomed.

I stood there stunned for a moment. My dad never loses his temper and he surely never cusses "What has gotten into me? Parker is out there gallivanting around with his new handbag and acting like a complete child when he talks to me, and you're asking what's gotten into me?"