Chapter Thirty Seven

Chapter 37 - Something about the Kenneth boys

I was tired, sore, and I wanted to go home. I had purple indents covering my arms, I hadn't eaten yet today, and I have no idea why I agreed to this.

"My arms are killing me." I whined, sitting down on a wooden mall bench, letting the bags rest on the ground.

"Noo, get up. I'm almost done." Mallory tugged at me.

"You said that hours ago! I'm starving!"

Mallory rolled her eyes and glanced at the time on her phone. "Fine. Let's lighten the load and put these bags in the car, and then we'll come back in for food."

"Yesss." I jumped up and headed for the exit.

"Wow, look at that miraculous energy spurt." I heard Mallory grumble from behind me.

-

"Foooood." I grinned, standing in line with Mallory.

"You're such a freak." She laughed.

"What can I get-"

I looked up from my phone to acknowledge the sudden pause from the cashier.

My words were caught in my throat.

"Uh- Jason?" I stammered out.

"Anna." He looked thrilled, the complete opposite of my expression. "Hey, I'm getting off in a few minutes if I could join you guys?"

"I don't think that's a good idea." Mallory piped in. "We'll both have an oven roasted chicken breast, american chee-"

"I think that would be fine." I wanted to know what he had to say to me.

"What?" Mallory looked appauled.

"Cool, I'll be out in a few. Hey Lisa, could you take over here?" He called into the back, abandoning the counter.

Moments later a tall black haired girl stepped out and finished taking our order. Jason was no where to be found but we went and sat down regardless.

"Why would you even want to talk to him?" Mallory looked disgusted as she bit into her food.

"I just want to see what he has to say." I shrugged, picking through my bag of chips.

Mallory rolled her eyes at me and took out her phone. She smiled as she scrolled through something, and started typing away.

"Anna, I swear to God that if you rebound with that." She shook her head and continued staring at the lit up screen in her hand.

"I'm not!"

"Yeah, okay. Because it's not obvious at all that you're very attracted to him."

"Well-"

"And might I add it's creepy because he looks a lot like Parker."

"Well they're cousins, so no shit." I pursed my lips, and sat with a blank face.

"You're clearly obsessed."

"I'm not attracted to him because he looks like Parker!" I smacked my hands on the table.

"So you are attracted to him? Hmm?" She's so persistant.

"I will strangle you." I narrowed my eyes at her and she just simply went back to her phone. "You've been on there a lot lately." She had been glued to her phone all day. It wasn't unusual for her, but today I swear I haven't seen her set it down once.