Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter 29 - Elliot Smelliot

I straighten out my dad's collar and pat him on the chest, "You look great dad."

I'm happy to see my dad going on a date. This is what mom would want for him. She'd want him to move on and be happy in life. He's still young, he can't spend the rest of his life alone forever.

Besides, it didn't take him long to call Amber. He wouldn't shut up about her all of last night so I made him call her early this morning. He got lucky with it being her night off and she instantly agreed to having dinner with him tonight.

I really hope his weirdness doesn't mess this up, but he hooked mom and she was way out of his league so I'm sure he can manage it again. 

"Thanks sweetie." He leaned in and kissed the top of my head, smoothing out my hair after. My head shot to the right when I heard a knock at the door.

"Your special lady must be here." I grinned as I walked to the door.

When I opened the door, I was shocked at who I saw standing there.

"Courtney, um, hi." I say awkwardly, giving her a small wave.

"Hi, could I come in?"

"Yeah of course."

I wasn't just going to leave her out there, I still need to know why she was at the hospital yesterday.

"We can sit in here." I lead her into the living room where we sit across from each other on the couch. "What's going on?" The words left my mouth a bit more bitterly than I had intended.

"First off, I want to apologize." I was stunned by her words. Courtney apologizing to someone? That's a once in a lifetime thing.

"Apologize for?"

"Where do I even begin? For one, this all could've been avoided if I would've just told you about Elliot. It was eating me alive, but you know me and my pride." She nervously chuckles. "I'm sorry Anna, I wish last night wouldn't have happened." She paused and looked like she was thinking hard. "And then I'm also sorry for all the other stupid petty stuff. Not just from this year, but years ago.And... I want you to know that I told Parker everything."

I sat there stunned for a moment, trying to find any words to speak.

"He deserves happiness, and he's found that in you."

"I don't know what to say."

"I don't expect many words from you, I know we aren't exactly on good terms."

"So he knows all about Riley and," Oh my God, he knows about his mom, "his mom?"

She nodded silently.

"How did he take it?"

"He was a little torn up." Maybe this sounds wrong, but I was somewhat jealous that Courtney was the one to tell him. The idea of him being weak in front of her just threw me off. I liked feeling as though he was only comfortable being like that with me.

I wonder how he's actually doing. He can't be just a little torn up. I can't imagine finding out that my first love was playing me the whole time. Not to mention that he knows that his mom has been watching him? And after he wondered for so long about where is little brother is.

"When did you tell him?"

"Last night, but there's a problem.. he went to find them." She sighs, obviously being worried about him. I'm shocked to see that the girl does have a heart.

"To find them?"

"Yeah, he didn't waste time getting their whereabouts from Riley." She explains. "He just up and left, he didn't even say when he'd be back."

"Where did Riley say they are?"

"I wasn't there when she told him. He just called me to tell me he's going to find them."

He called her and not me?

As if she could read my mind, she spoke up again. "He didn't want me to tell you. He didn't want you to worry Anna."

How could he think that she wouldn't tell me?

"I better get going, I have other things to take care of."

"Like what?"

"Riley."

What does Courtney have to take care of with Riley?

I ran up to Courtney as she went out the door, "Can I ask what it is?"

She looked back over her shoulder and smiled faintly, "There were some circumstances of me not telling Parker the truth."

"You'll be okay, right?" I may not like her, but I'm only human. I don't want anything to happen to her.

She let out a laugh, "Of course Anna, what do you think this is? An episode of Castle?" She turned around and headed for her car.

There's that attitude of hers.

-

I've called Parker so many times that I can't even count. You'd think he'd answer at least once, but apparently not.

"Anna hunny, you're going to break that phone if you grip it any tighter." My dad warned me. I look down at my whitened knuckles, wrapped around my cell phone.

"Sorry." I mutter and toss it on the couch.

"He'll come around sometime."

"You don't get it dad."

You don't get how he told me that he loves me and then just disappeared.

"I know what it's like to be young and swooning." He smiles cheekily.

"Okay dad." I roll my eyes and laugh.

"Just trust me hunny, he'll be back."

The phone started ringing and my dad walked into the other room.

There was some silence before his voice piped up. "Anna, it's for you."

I walked into the room and looked at his nervous face. "What's going on?"

"Just take the call." He handed me the phone.

I felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest. All I could think is that something happened to Parker.

I nervously lifted the phone to my ear. "Hello?" I gulped.

"Hi, you are receiving a call from the county jail, we have an inmate who is requesting to see you."

My stomach knotted.

"The name is Ell-"

"I know." I quickly cut her off.

"He wanted to know if you could come during visiting hours tomorrow."

"Tell him I'll think about it." I hung up the phone and set it on the table beside me.

"What did they want?" My dad asks before looking at my shaky hands.

"Elliot wants to see me."

________________________________________________________________________________

Song: Shot Me Down by David Guetta ft. Skylar Grey

I apologize for this being such a short chapter, but I just wanted to leave it where it's at.