Act 5: The rules have changed

Rei:
We got two new members in the form of a little girl and her dog. They looked terrified but I couldn't expect anything less. The others were talking about the vehicle we were in while Saya lead Shizuka so I decided to get to know our new friend by sliding next to her. "Hi there, my name is Rei." She looked at me like she was a little scared but she got comfortable really quick. "I'm Alice." It was good to have her talking. That meant she wasn't in shock at least but it was obvious that what she'd seen left a few scars so I did the only thing I could think of. I sat her on my lap holding her trying to comfort her. It wasn't long before she buried her face into my chest as she cried her eyes out so I held her tighter saying everything would be ok. Of course I didn't even believe that. I didn't see any possible way that this would come to a happy ending or that we'd be able to actually live through this. I guess I'm still going just because we've made it this far so I'm going to see this through to the end.
We continued to drive until we hit a road block on the street. "What the hell is this? We can't get by with this in the way." You could tell Saya was scared and she had the right to be. If we didn't get by we were sitting ducks waiting for the zombies to come and attack us. "Guys, we got company." I just had to think of the devil and Dante had to point it out. I turned around to see zombies beginning to gather making there way toward the car. I grabbed my rifle and climbed out of the car. "I guess there's no point in waiting for them to get close." Everyone else except Shizuka and Saya followed my lead. Shizuka and Saya stayed in to protect Alice so I didn't complain. Kohta set himself on top of the vehicle, Takashi stood next to me and Dante and Saeko stood side by side with swords drawn. It felt like this was where it might end but after everything that happened, everything that was lost I was ready to fight till the last breath and I'm taking as many of these things down with me.

Saeko:
I might be the only person who saw an upside to this whole zombie apocalypse. It was a time where I didn't need to hide my sadistic side and with a zombie horde I didn't plan to hold it back. I wish I had more than a wooden sword though. I was hoping that maybe Dante would let me have one of his like before but in this situation he'll be more efficient with two and I'll be just as efficient with a wooden one. "We dive in on 3?" I nodded at Dante to say I agree. It's the best plan that we had so why not. I took my battle stance and got ready
"1"
My heart was beating fast
"2"
I never felt this excited
"3!"
I'm gonna draw so much blood. That was all that was on my brain as I dashed at them smashing one head after the other with the blade of my wooden sword. Then I look over to see Dante taking on more than I was and Takashi and Rei were getting a good number too. It was a better time than any to motivate myself by making it a competition and that's just what I needed. I kicked, I stabbed, I cut zombie after zombie leaving behind corpse after corpse spilling blood on the floor and a little bit on me but I was just having so much fun. I wanted to keep going. I wanted more. I wanted to kill more! My mentality changed when I heard a scream.
I had gotten careless. There were zombies that weren't paying attention to me and they slipped by making there way to the car with Shizuka, Saya and Alice. I could only watch cuz my path was blocked but Dante didn't hesitate to rush in slicing three zombies' off in one swing but the numbers were getting too great. Even Kohta couldn't take down enough zombies so Dante could fight and he was almost at point blank range. There had to be something we could do. If no one thought of something Dante would turn! What could I do? There wasn't anything I could do except watch. Just as Dante's sword got lodged in one zombies throat another came from behind and dug it's disgusting teeth into his shoulders. His pain must have been agonizing because he screamed so loudly as he fell and then so many of them piled on him tearing him apart. I couldn't believe it. My friend was getting eaten in front of me and I can't do anything about it.

Dante:
Let me just start by saying ouch. Zombie bites hurt and burn like hell. That's probably the virus sinking into your skin or maybe they're a little toxic. I didn't know and at that point I didn't care. I was left lying there watching as these things tore my skin and guts clean off of my bones and every agonizing second felt like a small death in itself. I was pretty much waiting for it to end. There isn't anything I could do. Everyone else, Shizuka, Takashi, Kohta, everyone I just let down. I made us get off the bus and pretty much led us to this. I gave everyone hope and now it's all gone. I was so angry at myself. I'm so weak. I don't have what it takes to keep them safe. I'm not a hero. I'm just a weak little human and that's all I'm ever going to be.
That anger was what I thought would he my last emotion as I gave my last breath. However I didn't die. My heart wasn't beating because someone probably ate it but I could still breathe from what was left of my lungs. What was going on? Was I going into heaven. I don't know but I do know one thing. I was hungry. My hand moved on instinct except it wasn't even my hand anymore but as I continued to reach out it grew. No it didn't grow, it regenerated. I didn't know what I was doing but I ended up grabbing the face of one of the zombies that was trying to make me a snack. The next thing that happened is hard to explain but I'll give it a shot. Something emerged from the zombie. It looked like tube but there were made from flesh and they attatched themselves to my skin. Next thing I know bits and pieces of his body were being, I guess the best word is consumed by me until there was nothing left. My body healed faster as I kept taking more and when there was nothing left my body was completely back but I felt stronger than ever. The best way to describe my strength would be how I ended up sending every zombie that was on my flying into the walls of the street. I was still hungry though and to satisfy myself I ran faster than I knew I could to one zombie after another consuming them. It didn't feel right but it also d8d and god damn it felt so good. Once I had my fill I couldn't stop smiling. Something was wrong with me and I hope it ends soon but right now I have a bloodlust that needs to be satified. I kept moving, kept tearing them apart limb from limb, piece by piece until there were only a few zombies remaining.
Strangely though they weren't taken out by me. They were taken out by a giant steam of water that looked like it was very hot. I turned to see where it came from and I saw a whole bunch of soldiers standing on the other end of the barbed wire fence. I was actually happy. They should let all of us through and Takashi, Saeko,Rei and Kohta could take a break from fighting. Wait a second. I looked around what was left of the scene and there was no sign of Takashi or Saeko. "Hey you guys haven't seen to peo-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence. Probably thanks to the tazer that hit my neck and knocked me unconscious. Before I blacked out though, there was something I did see. It was Shizuka and she looked at me, but she was terrified.