Act 12: The battle begins

Takashi:
Let me start by saying that while getting powers sounded cool the way I was going to get them scared the crap out of me. The fact that monsters were coming as well didn't help the trembling all around my body. Dante had opened up the entrance for us just so we could be out there when we change
"Alright guys you ready?" Dante had a grin on his face. I guess he learned to trust himself which at least means we most likely won't die. It's still probably gonna hurt. I swallowed hard and took a deep breath.
"Ready."
Everyone else nodded in agreement.
"I just want to say, I'm sorry if this hurts."
In a split second he morphed his hand into a claw and drove it into the ground. The anticipation as to when we were going to get hit was killing-
"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!"
I think it went right through my heart and when I finally stopped screaming I could hear everyone else's. It hurt even more as they were pulled out. He tried to make it fast but there was agony every single second. Even looking at the hole in my body made me want to throw up. I was dead. I should be dead but I could still breathe which is weird because I'm pretty sure that spike got rid of my lungs. Before I could react the monsters were rushing towards us. It was probably the screaming that drew them but I couldn't think of a move to make. Maybe I wasn't supposed to think. I stood up looking at all of them. There must have been a horde of at least 20 and they all had the intent to kill and for the first time so did I. The bloodlust made me move fast charging at a big red one. It tried to swipe at me with its claws but I rolled under them and I picked him up by its leg and swung it into a building. I didn't slow down as I slammed my body into it and through the building making the whole thing come down. As we fell to the ground I drive my fist into his chest and consumed him just like Dante and Shizuka. I hope that part doesn't become addicting because it definitely felt good. I took a deep breath as I stood up straight feeling the power course through my body. At this rate I would catch up to Dante and Shizuka in no time. At least that's what I thought but when I turned back around the rest of the gang had killed and consumed almost half of them. I needed to hurry if I didn't want to be left behind.

Dante:
Shizuka and I watched as the rest of them finished off the horde. Saeko took out the most of them followed behind Takashi and Rei who were about tied and Kohta and Saya weren't far behind.
"So what do you think? Do we stand a chance?"
"I don't know Shizuka, maybe if we can keep this up we'll be strong enough."
"Shouldn't be too hard if they come to us like an all-you-can-eat buffet."
I laughed at her comment and it was true. If we keep growing like this our potential is limitless. When the gang was finished they gathered in front of us.
"How are the powers working for you."
I saw smiles all around. Takashi decided to show off his new set of claws. Rei managed to get the stone fist. Saya got what looked sort of like a whip or a grappling hook seeing as how she used it to drag one of the stone armed monster that was half a mile away to her in seconds. Kohta didn't show anything because he preferred to stick with his guns and neither did Saeko even though she killed the most. She was more than happy with her sword.
"Oh you all look so happy don't you"
That voice, I couldn't tell where it came from and then all of a sudden more monsters surrounded us and the voice became louder.
"You all think thar since your immune to the zombie virus and that you managed to take out a few grunts everyone could be safe. It's amazing how arrogant the human brain can be to not see the far greater dangers."
That voice seemed familiar and it made me shiver.
"Who are you?"
"Who am I? Dante that's a shame. You forgot the person who is practically your father. The man who created you, who you left for dead!"
"Shido!"
"Yes indeed my friend I told you I would be back and now I'm going to enjoy taking control of this world and destroying everything you love. You can count on that."
The swarm left us after that and I slammed my fist into the ground so hard thar two things happened. The first was that the ground cracked a lot and the second was that I blew my hand apart on impact. I didn't feel it though. I had too much rage, too much anger. I should've killed him with my own two hands. I should've never let him walk away. It's time I fixed that mistake once and for all.