Chapter 32

Elizabeth

“Miss me?”

“Not in the least,” I said, trying to keep my breathing even and figure out which way to run.

She giggled again. “That’s not very nice.”

“Oh I’m sorry, did I hurt your feelings?” My voice started to shake and I slowly turned my head back and forth, listening. “Good.”

She giggled again but before she could say anything, I spun around and took off running. I pushed myself to run as fast as I could, focusing hard on my other senses so I would trip as little as possible. Siena already had enough opportunity to catch me with her crazy speed, she didn’t need the help of me tripping.

My hands bumped against the trees as I tried to dodge them, that evil giggle echoing all around. I couldn’t hear her following, but I knew she was. I also knew that no matter how fast I ran, she would catch me.

Suddenly something hit my side and sent me tumbling into the snow. I winced from the hit and again was thankful for my long sleeve shirt. Not even bothering to stand up, since she’d just push me back down again, I started to quickly crawl away.

“Where are you going?” Siena asked, a smirk in her voice.

She then tightly grabbed my shoe and pulled me backwards. I flipped over onto my back and grabbed my leg, trying to pull away but she just laughed and pulled me farther. I was suddenly glad I’d tied my shoes extra tight this morning, because if I hadn’t my shoe would have slipped off by now and I’m pretty sure Siena wouldn’t wait for me to put it back on.

She let go and was suddenly silent, and just like that she disappeared in my mind. I laid there for a little while, listening and trying to figure out where she went. Maybe she left?

“Hello?” I called out, listening to the echo. Nothing.

Very slowly I stood up and brushed the snow off my clothes. I turned slowly then took one step before I heard her laughter behind me. Before I could move, Siena grabbed my arms and pulled me back to her.

“As much fun as this is,” she sneered, “I’ve got things to do and people to see.”

Her laughter was the last thing I heard before she let go of one of my arms and a pain radiated through the back of my head as I fell unconscious.

I woke up to my head pounding and tried to lift my hand to my head, only to realize I couldn’t. My eyes opened and I tried to move again, pulling my hands harder this time; still nothing. As I woke up a little more I realized I couldn’t move my hands because they were tied behind me.

I was sitting in a rather uncomfortable wooden chair with my hands tied behind it and was God knows where. I turned my head to the side and listened, trying to figure out where the heck I was and what was going on.

There was a quiet giggle in the distance and my eyes widened, remembering Siena and her coming after me in the woods. And now the psycho had me hostage!!

I turned my head a few more times but couldn’t hear a thing. I took a deep, calming breath then froze, recognizing the odd smell. Just to be sure, I took a few more quick sniffs before a small smile came onto my mouth. I was at the school.

That giggle echoed off the walls and I heard footsteps growing closer. “I see you’re finally awake,” Siena said sweetly, stopping a little in front of me. “Have a nice nap?”