41-show time!

“Matti time to get up!” I grumbled and fell out of my narrow bunk yet again. “I’m up, I’m up” I hollered as I got up and rubbed my sore behind wrapping my blanket round me tightly as I shuffled into the back living area of the bus “we’re finally at the first venue time to unload and do sound check” Jack told me eyes glued to the small TV screen as he and the others played an intense game of COD “alright be out in a second let me just grab a pair of shoes” I said turning round to walk back to the bunks. I got to my bunk and my still packed suitcase which I rummaged through to find a pair of cowboy boots which I pulled on quickly trying to tuck my spotty pyjama bottoms into them, I failed only being able to tuck on in properly the other one was hanging out a bit on the right side. I didn’t bother trying to tuck it in more as I really needed to get to sound check, I got a big hair claw and twisted my hair up sloppily and used the clip to hold it up. Finally feeling readyish for sound check I rushed off the tour bus and caught up to the others who were already walking towards the venue.

We entered the venue and started helping the tech crew set everything up. “Where do you want this amp put?” I asked hefting a ridiculously heavy amp onto the stage looking at chief tech dude for an answer he scratched his head in thought for a few seconds “hurry up weak girl here holding an amp that weighs more than herself” I yelled at chief tech dude who grunted in response still thinking “how long does it take to decide where to put an amp?” I cried out exasperated “like seriously” I was about to put it down in any old random spot when I finally got a response. “put it over there” his gruff manly voice called out pointing close to where I was going to put it any way “yes hallelujah” I cried out as I dumped the amp down onto the floor leaning up against it as I wiped sweat off my brow while the guys, Paramore and the rest of the crew laughed at my dramaticness.

“Alright Holey Cheese’s sound check first everyone needed on stage now” me and the boys huffed and puffed jokingly as we climbed onto the stage and took our places. I stood behind the mike stand the others behind their instruments dotted around the stage “ready?” Jack asked me “oh yeah let’s do this thing!” I exclaimed ready to rock and roll. Harry started counting us in when he got the nod from Jack and the boys started warming up together making sure they clicked while I quickly checked the mike speaking into it and doing quick voice warm up exercises that went along with what the boys were playing. We continued doing this for a while then stopped jumping off the stage and allowing Paramore to warm up. While they were warming up I decided to head back to the bus to get changed into what I want to wear onstage tonight seeing as our set started in an a few hours and I wanted our first major show in the UK to be the best ever meaning I needed to look good.

I walked back onto the bus engulfed in the silence that was present; I was the only one on the bus. I made my way over to the bunks and my open suitcase pulling out high waisted shorts, an off the shoulder white t shirt and combat boots I stripped off my pyjamas and pulled on the outfit I had laid out. I finished changing and opened up my hair and makeup bag pulling out a hairbrush, curling iron and feather hair extensions. I walked off the bus with this stuff in hand and went over to mine and the boys’ dressing room and to the mirror and vanity table in the room to plug in my curling iron and heat it up. I allowed my curling iron time to heat up; after it had heated up I started lightly curling my hair to give it a wavy beachy type look once satisfied with that I added a single feather hair extension to my hair at the front. I finally felt ready for the concert.

I left the dressing room and hung out by the side of the stage my in ears hanging around my neck the battery pack attached to my in ears stuffed in the back pocket of my shorts as I waited for our cue to go onstage my phone in hand as I tweeted @MattiandR5 opening for @Paramore soon with @HoleyCheese really hope I don’t fluff up the lyrics! Wish me luck! #nervous I clicked click and put my phone on the table that was backstage taking deep breaths as I listened to the chants of the crowd smiling as the crowd’s energy pumped me up and dissolved any nervousness I had about performing. “You ready Matti?” Jack asked as he pulled his bass strap over his head “oh yeah let’s blow this Popsicle stand!” I exclaimed fist pumping the air. “Holey Cheese on in 10” chief tech dude grunted out walking past checking all the instruments and stuff “awesome” I started doing last minute vocal warm ups and bounced up and down on the balls of my booted feet.