17-thats great news!

It’s been a week since I walked into the school halls again and Barbie’s words don’t affect me anymore after talking to Rydel in secret I’ve stopped taking everything to heart and Ross is now able to come to school with me as he isn’t needed for 2 weeks as the writers are in the middle of fixing the script which takes forever. I woke up with a spring in my step and got ready for the day in ripped skinny jeans, Neon Trees band t shirt, plain black hoodie and converse. I picked up all the things I needed minus skateboard and went next door to walk to school with my boyfriend! Oh how I love saying that.

“Alright gang we ready for this jam session?” I asked the boys “heck to the yeah” the twins called out at the same time creepy that feeling was mirrored on everyone’s faces. I nodded at Harry who clicked his sticks together I got into my start position waiting for the opening chords to ring through the air signalling me to come to life and sing but it never did “errm guys what’s up?” I asked looking at our guitarists and bass player Jack, Ed and Max “sorry Matti I don’t know what’s happened” Jack said apologetically trying to fix his base “don’t worry we can always go acoustic today” the boys agreed giving up trying to fix the technical difficulty “alright 1, 2, 3” Ed counted us in we started playing White Blank Page by Mumford and Sons

Can you lie next to her

and give her your heart, your heart?

 As well as your body

 And can you lie next to her

and confess your love, your love?

 As well as your folly

 And can you kneel before this king

and say "I'm clean", "I'm Clean"?

But tell me now where was my fault,

in loving you with my whole heart?

 Oh, tell me now where was my fault, in loving you with my whole heart?

Her white blank page

and a swelling rage, rage

 You did not think when you sent me to the brink, to the brink

 You desired my attention, but denied my affections, my affections

So tell me now where was my fault,

in loving you with my whole heart?

 Oh, tell me now where was my fault, in loving you with my whole heart?

Ahhhh ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh ahhh ahhhhhh [x4]

Lead me to the truth and I will follow you with my whole life

 oh lead me to the truth and I will follow you with my whole life

Ahhhh ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh ahhh ahhhhhh [x4]

We finished playing and looked at the clock “lunch time!” I exclaimed really hungry I grabbed Ross’ hand and raced to the canteen to get some food. I was munching on a chip (fry) when my phone went off I swallowed what I was eating and answered

“Hello”

MC (mystery caller) “Hi is that Matilda?”

M “yeah it’s Matti” I put an emphasis on the word Matti

MC “Well hi Matti. Would you and your band like to have a gig this Sunday at the OC Fair?”

M “oh my god yes!”

MC “Good to know bye”

The line went dead “alright then” I looked up at Ross to see he was texting Riker “we’re playing the OC Fair again” he said “oh really we’re playing the OC Fair too!” I exclaimed “really!” we both spent the rest of lunch talking about it.

We entered the gifted department still talking about the OC Fair “and I was thinking we could do Freckled Unicorn” Ross looked at me funny “really no you should do” he didn’t finish though as Harry, Jack, Ed and Max (my boys) interrupted him “what are we doing Mats?” Ed asked “oh performing at the OC Fair!” I exclaimed “oh yeah happy dance” we all started doing random dance moves to a happy imaginary beat “you guys calm down” Ross exclaimed “whatever now back to dancing!”

After that entertaining end session me and Ross were on our way home hand in hand me snuggled right into his side “wanna watch a movie when we get in?” he asked “sure no school tomorrow since it’s going to be Saturday!” then a flick switched “OC Fair’s on Sunday!” I panicked “ok movie tonight then endless band practise tomorrow” Ross laughed at me and kissed my nose “stop being a worry wart sweetie” I smiled and we continued our walk home. “Hi guys we’re home!” we yelled out to the Lynch crew “yay movie time!” Ryland cried out jumping onto the sofa Riker laughed and stuck the movie in, I sat down next to Ross his arm going round my waist getting comfortable for the movie.

I woke up on Ross’ lap my head resting against his chest Rydel and the rest of the guys were snickering filming this whole thing for R5 TV “morning” I yawned carefully stretching out I tried to move more but Ross’ arm was around me “errm bit of help here guys” Ratliff helped me heave Ross’ arm off me then picked me up and ran to the beach with me dangling over his shoulder “no, no! Stop right there mister!” Ratliff laughed at me and flung me into the sea where I resurfaced sputtering “so not cool” I trudged out the sea and made my way back to my house to change into something dry.

I re-entered the Lynch household in Tenacious D t shirt, shorts, skull braces and black knee high converse “I’m back!” I called out Ross rushed up towards me and gave me a quick peck on the lip “babe I need to rehearse for tomorrow so I need more than one kiss to make it through practise” he obliged and we had a make out session “ahh my eyes” Rocky, Riker and Ratliff covered their eyes I laughed at them “anyway got to go rehearse now bye” I walked out of their house and called up the boys.