23-artistic choices

I woke up and padded downstairs in my pyjamas still, the boys still not awake as I passed the living room into the kitchen to stick the kettle on for a nice cup of tea. While waiting for it to boil I went upstairs to get ready. I had a shower and changed into Paramore is a band t shirt, black skinny jeans and black converse. I picked up my Blackberry and left the room.

I walked downstairs to find the guys awake talking and stealing my tea “morning boys” I called while walking into the kitchen “enjoy the tea, it’ll be you last” I heard the boys gulp from here. Ha that’s what they get for messing with me and my tea! I laughed and made myself another cup of tea after I refilled the kettle of course. I re-entered the living room tea in hand and sat in between Rocky and Riker, I then realised the time “it’s a school day!” I panicked “hay calm down you’re not going in as we don’t want you getting ill again” Riker said I hugged him “thank you, thank you, thank you” I gushed squeezing the life out of him “calm down kid” he ruffled my hair, I immdiently let go of the hug and fixed it “hay I’m only 4 years younger than you, which means no hair ruffling or kid calling” I huffed out he chuckled at me. I picked up the TV remote and started flicking through channels.

I glanced at the time “don’t you two need to go home I mean I love you but you really do remind me of the A4 tramp from back home” they gave me confused looks about the A4 tramp but that’s because they’re not British. Eventually though after saying something they understood they left to go shower and change into fresh clothing. They then re-entered my house with a stack of DVDs with them “we thought it’d be great to watch a film oh and Ross text me says the radio interview for Disney should be finishing soon” I nodded happy about both things “so what film?” I asked “how about Aladdin?” Riker suggested “yeah sounds good” I said, we then turned to Rocky “Aladdin it is” me and Riker cheered while Rocky stuck the disk into the DVD player.

There was a knock at the door “Rocky go answer the door” I said sticking my hand into the bowl of popcorn my eyes never leaving the screen “but it’s your house, huh, uggh whatever” Rocky got up and answered the door “hi Ross” I heard Rocky say “Riker and Matti the lazebuts are in the living room” he said “heard that” me and Riker yelled out at the same time “meant to” Rocky yelled back, Ross chuckled at us and entered the living room taking the spot next to me and pulling me into his side. We sat together with Rocky on the floor watching the end of Aladdin “alright gang!” Ross called “I heard you three wrote a song last night” we nodded “that would be correct” I said “I want to hear it” we nodded “Matti where did you put the guitars last night?” Rocky asked “wait right here” I said rushing off to the spare room which mum let me and Michael turn into the muggle version of the Room Of Requirement. I located his guitar and then rushed to my room next door and picked up mine. Guitars in hand I made the descent downstairs.

I arrived back in the living room and gave Rocky his guitar and sat down with mine next to Ross forming a circle on the floor “alright 1, 2, 3” I counted us in, we were about to start “wait hold up” I said Rocky stopped mid strum “the parts I sing are intended for you Ross” I said looking at him, he nodded “alright lets continue 1, 2, 3” we started again “high heels got taste for the fashion” Riker sang “converse and fatal attraction she’s got that something I’m looking for” I watched Ross who bopped his head along with the song waiting for my part finally after a bit it came to my part “whoever she is, she is out of this world” Ross smirked knowing he got the chorus part, I shook my head at hi. It was coming to the end of the song “one day I’ll find that girl” I sang finishing the song. Me and Rocky stopped playing and took our guitars off of our laps “soo what do you think?” we asked “yeah I like it” he said after a small pause “awesome now we can preview it to Rydel and Ratliff with you singing your parts this time” he nodded his head “now where is Rydel and Ratliff” I asked “I honestly don’t know” none of us held the answer to the question.

However though we knew they would turn up later so we stuck on another film. Halfway through The Hangover the door opened and in walked Rydel followed shortly by Ratliff “hi I heard that Rocky, Riker and Matti wrote us a new song can I hear it?” Ratliff asked “yeah sure” I gave Ross the spare guitar and Rocky picked up his (we had taught Ross the chords earlier) “1, 2, 3” Rocky counted them in while I just watched helping out with the backing vocals every now and then. “one day I’ll find that girl” Ross sang the last line signalling the end of the song “wow guys that was really good” Rydel exclaimed “we just need to create the keyboard part” we nodded our heads “shall we do it now then since we have everyone” I said “yeah” Ross agreed “to the Lynches basement!” I exclaimed running off to their house next door the rest following behind me.

We arrived in the basement heading off to our chosen instruments apart from me I was helping Rydel create a part for the keyboard “so you know the beach episode of Ross’ show” she nodded her head “well the piano part was quite good so how about we do something like that?” I said she nodded her head “yeah that sounds good” she tried it out “correction Rydel that sounds amazing!” I exclaimed hi fiving her. The boys having heard our little party came over “hey what have you two done then?” Ross asked “well babe we just finished writing the keyboard piece!” Ross’ eyes lit up “really?” I nodded my head “yes really” me and Rydel got hugged by the boys on all sides “can’t breathe” me and Rydel said from the middle of this squish “oh sorry” Ross said blushing (he looks cute when he blushes). One by one they released us from the hug “hey Ratliff done the drum part?” I asked “yep and Riker’s got the base all figured out” I grinned “awesome this is going to sound amazing guys I wanna hear it!” they took their positions and started playing.

Halfway through the run through I got a call, I discreetly backed out the room and answered it “hi” I said “hello is this Matti?” the person asked “yes may I ask who’s calling please” I said politely “it’s Phil from Hollywood Records calling about your demo” realisation dawned on me “oh yeah sorry about that I don’t want it released as I’m a member of a band” I said “right when did this happen?” he asked “what do you mean when did this happen? I’ve always been part of a band it’s just we didn’t think it would work as I moved to a different part of the world but it seems my band mates live here too” I stated annoyed at what he said “right well I’ll chat to the guys and we’ll get back to you about this situation” he said hanging up. I walked back into the practise room fuming there wasn’t any situation I’m part of a band what’s bad about that?! Ross saw my frustration and came over to me “hey babe what’s wrong?” he asked concerned rubbing his hands up and down my arms I shook my head hair flying round furiously “nothing’s wrong just a little pickle” he raised his eyebrows at what I said “it’s a British thing” that was the only explanation I gave “oh ok well don’t worry your cute little head about it” I smiled and gave him a peck on the lips “thanks babe. Well I got to get home I’ll see you later” I gave him a peck on the cheek “what I want more than a kiss on the cheek!” Ross said pouting I rolled my eyes and gave him a kiss on the lips “better?” I asked, he nodded his head I chuckled and left to go next door back home.

A/N picture that should be on side is hayley williams wearing the t shirt matti is