30-writing challenge

I walked in and kicked my converse off; I walked into the living room pushing my hair out of my face I really need to redye it. I walked in to my find my mum sitting on the sofa looking really mad “Matilda” she said oh crap my full name no Matti, I gulped “yeah?” “sit” she patted the space next to her, I hesitantly sat down she turned to face me “now I’m giving us a year to leave here meaning only a few more months you prove to me your dedicated and your band is going somewhere and we stay here forever if not we go back” “we’re staying?” I asked “yep if you show me what you can do” I jumped up and nodded my head rushing off to meet up with the band to start the long song writing process. We met up at our practise space and started guitar in laps pens poised over paper.

Keep lying to yourself

 You know you’re not fooling anyone

Noo

You’ve never told the truth

Weeellll

When are you going to start

“I think these sound quite good” Jack said “yeah totally” I agreed “we’re gonna need some help though coming up with a chorus. Any ideas on who we should go to?” “Rocky and Riker” everyone chorused “cool I guess we’re going to the Lynches” I said packing up my bag.

We arrived at the Lynches house I hid behind Ed while Jack knocked on the door. We were going to pretend I had already gone back to the UK. Ross opened the door “hey Jack, Ed, Max, Harry. Is Matti with you?” he asked looking round, I snickered “nope” he frowned “where did she go?” he asked man I was loving this “she’s visiting school to clean her locker out” he looked like he was about to cry “we need help writing a song Matti started do you guys think you can help?” Jack asked “yeah sure come on in” he moved out the way and opened the door wider the boys started filing in, I straightened up and walked in behind Ed “hi Ross” I said “hi Matti. Wait. MATTI??!!” he yelled engulfing me in a hug “hey Ross let me go can’t breathe” I choked out trying to escape his bear hug, he released me and smiled “I thought I lost you forever” he leaned in for a kiss “we’re not dating anymore remember? We just need Riker and Rocky’s song writing abilities” I sighed. I really do love him but he helped put those scars in my wrist so he’s gonna work for our relationship.

“Hey Rocky, Riker!” I called out plopping down on the sofa next to them “what’s up Matti?” Rocky asked lazily flinging his arm over my shoulders “we need the amazing song writing skills of the great duo of Rocky and Riker” he chuckles “thanks for the compliment, now we need guitars, an ipad stat!” he orders getting up and rushing around like a mad man while Riker just sits there laughing “he does this every time” I followed Rocky with amused eyes “why?” I asked “because he’s eager to start the song” he shook his head amused “while he’s doing that can I see the lyrics you have so far please?” I nodded my head and drew them out of my guitar case. Riker read them aloud to himself and Rocky who was still fluttering around the room occasionally knocking into the sofas or coffee table in the centre of the room

Keep lying to yourself

You know you’re not fooling anyone

Noo

You’ve never told the truth

Weeellll

When are you going to start

“Good so far. Guessing you need help with the chorus and next verse?” Riker mused we all nodded our heads “well alright then” Rocky said finally sitting down what are we waiting for?”

We spent the whole evening writing the song till it was finally complete. “Thanks guys” I said getting up and packing the sheets and my guitar away “no problem Matti nice to know you’re ok” Riker smiled “yeah I’m alright. Got a few more months to convince my mum not to move us back” Rocky and Riker cheered at this “yay Matti’s not leaving!” I laughed “we hope. See ya tomorrow” I said hitching my bag strap better onto my back “bye guys” they chorused together I chuckled and opened the front door leaving with the boys “song 1 completed” I whooped the boys joining in.