5-mourning and cheesiness

It was June 21st the day Helena died now normally on this day I’d go to her grave and lay white roses down her favourite flower she loved how pure they looked, however now that I live in Los Angeles it’s a bit hard to do so. It was a school day so I decided to honour her by wearing dark blue skinny jeans, a black t shirt with an eagle on it, bronze doc martens and a dark blue hoodie. The Ravenclaw colours and sign we always joked about the fact that she was named after Rowena Ravenclaw’s daughter Helena. I smiled remembering the good times we had oh how I miss my George Weasley! Oh that’s another inside joke.

I grabbed my guitar, Doctor Who school bag and skateboard and headed off for school. I got there and was teased about what I was wearing “Potter geek!” I got yelled at me “acne freak magic geek” was another one, I held my head up high this was for Helena I don’t care if I got teased about it, it’s her special day. I came into the gifted department and walked over to mine and Ross’ corner I pulled out my song book and started writing down how I felt

It’s been hard

It’s been tough

But don’t worry

I’m still here

Though you’re gone

You’re always here

It’s been hard

It’s been tough

But I still smile

“Wow Matti that’s amazing” I hadn’t realised that Ross had turned up and was reading over my shoulder the lyrics, I looked up into his brown eyes “thanks come on let’s go to lunch” I packed up my bag and headed off to lunch.

We were walking to lunch when I spotted a familiar dark haired boy “Jack?” I called in disbelief the boy looked up “Matti?” I squealed and ran to him, I tackled him into a flying hug “where the rest of the guys here?” I asked after getting off him “yeah Harry’s off flirting with some blonde” I smiled at this he was always the flirt “err don’t know where the twins went to though” then a familiar brunette ran past “well there’s Ed so Max shouldn’t be too far behind” and right on queue another brunette streaked past “oi dummies!!” I yelled out they turned round in unison and saw me “Matti!” they yelled and engulfed me in a famous twin hug “get Harry we need to get Holey Cheese a gig to show these Americans what us British can do!” I exclaimed the twins nodded their heads well hard their shaggy hair flopping all over the place “well chop chop” I clapped my hands they then realised I had given them a job to do and ran off. All through that conversation Ross just kept sending confused glances between me and the boys after they left I explained it to him “back in England we formed a band Holey Cheese Jack came up with the names the boys obsessed with cheese. Jack’s bass guitar, Ed is lead guitar, Max is rhythm guitar, Harry is drums and I’m lead vocals but Jack does back me up sometimes. When I left England I thought that was the end of this band but I thought wrong!” I smiled Ross just nodded his head I took his hand and started swinging it “now come on my blonde amigo it’s time for lunch” and with that smiling and goofing off we went to lunch. I was happily eating some chips or fries now as I live in America when Ross said “hey R5 have a gig we need an opening band Holey Cheese interested?” I nearly choked on my water “what?” I sputtered out then regaining my composure “yeah sure!” he smiled, I smiled back.

We were at home in the shed/rec room practising for our concert I told the guys about when I saw them around school Harry counted us in “1,2,3” he clicked his sticks together and I lost myself in the song we were practising an original by us (A/N sorry if the lyrics created aren’t that great)

Unshed tears what a watery smile

Untold stories well I have lots of time

No friends here you’re not alone