A New Friend

Lauren's POV

"Lauren, baby wake up" I heard the voice of my loving mom, shaking my shoulder gently. I opened my eyes then it is still dark, why is it so dark? Oh right I was born blind, which sucks for me.

"Mom what time is it?" I asked,

"Its already 9 am mija, did you sleep well mija?" My mom asked.

"Yes mom I slept great, where's Taylor and Chris?" I asked her. Then right on cue I heard the door open and I heard the voices of my brother and sister.

"Good morning Lo" Taylor greeted me then kissed my forehead.

"Good morning tay" I said

"Hey sis good morning" Chris greeted kissing my annoying cheek.

"Good morning Chris" I greeted him also,

"Break fast in bed!" They said in unison.

"Aww you don't need to do that guys, i'm already 15 and I can go downstairs on my own" I said.

"Lauren we want to do this because we want to and we love you" they said. I felt sad, because I am their big sister and I should be the one doing that, protecting, and taking care of them, but looks like our world turned upside down instead they are doing that to me.

I am always asking myself why am I like this? But I don't know the answer either.

"Earth to Lauren" I heard Chris said, I zoned out again.

"What are you thinking about Lo?" Taylor asked me

"Things like why am I like this" I told them.

"Don't be so harsh on yourself Lo, don't lose hope, we can find a donor, mom and dad are trying to find a donor for your eyes" Chris said and kissed my forehead.

"Yeah Lo, and if that happens, you can fulfill your dreams of becoming a famous singer someday" Taylor said hugging me.

"Yeah I really hope so, and when that time happens I can now see your faces" I said praying that it will come true.

My sister feed me and she gave me my walking stick,

"Here Lauren, we're going to the park" Taylor said and I became terrified.

"No, not the park" I said whimpering, the kids other kids are picking on me there, saying mean things to me.

"Don't worry Lo, we'll protect you" Chris said.

They convinced me that they will protect me and never leave my side,

I sighed in defeat and agreed.

They assist me in walking, I really want to see what's in my surrounding, my brother and sister are telling me about the surrounding, the trees and many more, that made me eager to see what it really looks like.

"Lo wait for us here, Chris and I are going to buy some ice cream" Taylor said and I just nodded, i'm scared that those mean boys will come to me and say mean things to me again.

Then someone pushed me making me fall on my butt. I heard someone laughing, I immediately cried.

"Well you look at that, its the blind girl again" one of them said.

"You don't deserve to live" one of them said, making me cry more and I covered my ears, the things that they are saying about me is getting into my head,

"You're just a burden" one of them said.

"Hey knock it off" then a new voice said, its a voice of a girl, I fear for the girl because they are boys and they are many she's outnumbered.

"Let us be, or you wanted to be hurt" one of them said,

"I'm not afraid" the girl said, wow she's brave.

Then I heard a grunt and thud, and I heard the boys ran away. I continued to cry, then I felt a presence in front of me.

" Shh don't cry now, they're gone" a beautiful voice said. Its really comforting, I stopped crying then she helped me up on my feet and gave me my walking stick.

"What are they saying is not true, you're not worthless" she told me and I felt weird, I feel warm and fuzzy inside, and there's butterflies on my stomach.

"Are you hurt?" She asked me and I shook my head no.

"Good, you know you're beautiful" she said.

"No i'm not" I said talking to the stranger, she laughed,

"You are, and I'm Y/N by the way" she introduced herself.

"My name is Lauren" I said smiling,

"Lauren, a beautiful name for a beautiful girl like you" she said.

"Its not true" I said.

"Yes its true" she insisted.

"Lauren!" I heard my brother and sister yelled and they are now right beside me.

"We're so sorry we left you, are you okay? Are you hurt?" Chris asked me.

"I'm okay Chris, Y/N saved me from that mean kids" I told chris.

"At your service" I heard her say.

"Thank you so much for taking care of my big sister" I heard Taylor say probably talking to Y/N.

"No problem kiddos" I heard her say and I smiled.

"So Lauren? Friends?" She asked me.

"Yeah friends" I said with a smile, unfortunately I can't see her.

Chris and Taylor assist me in walking home, and I am happy that I gained a friend except from Chris and Taylor.