Chapter 17

Lauren's POV

I ignored Y/N during the whole dinner, well that's what she get for leaving me again. But I must admit that I missed her but I will not tell her that.

I was shocked to see her on our front door and when I saw her my heart beats fast, she looks so gorgeous even if she just wears simple clothes. But I regained my composure there and pretended to be mad at her, well she can't see so I guess its easier to pretend around her. I am surprised that charlie was not with her, and usually Charlie was always by her side but why isn't here right now.

While we are eating our dinner, Sinu and my mom tell some embarrassing baby stories about us and I can't help but feel embarrassed, well at least not only me but Camila too.

Y/N just had an amused smile on her lips.

We decided to watch a movie and we selected the conjuring 2. I know Camila is already scared since she's not fond of watching scary movies. Then the two started talking, Camila is rambling about how lucky Y/N was because she cannot see. And the movie started, after a few minutes, Camila cuddled my arm and hid behind it when a scary part shows.

I laughed at her.

"You're still a scaredy cat camz" I teased then laughed at her.

"But its too scary you know?" She said which caused me to laugh more.

I stole a glance at Y/N and I saw her looking down at sofi with a concerned look then she wrapped her arms protectively around sofi. And for me that is just the sweetest thing I have ever seen. But I frowned, if Y/N was blind why did she looked down at sofi? I just shrugged at this.

Then Camila rambled about how lucky Y/N was because she can't see the movie. Then Y/N responded that she can still hear the effects, I hushed them. After a few minutes Y/N told us that her and sofi will go out because sofi is scared. I stared at her for a moment and I looked away quickly, then they went out.

"Sofi was so lucky that she got away with this horror movie" Camila rambled again.

"Sshh Camz, I'm watching" I scolded her again.

When the movie was finished, the Cabellos decided that we call it a night, we walked them to the door and we wait for Y/N and sofi to comeback. Then we saw them, Y/N is using her cane now and sofi assisting her.

Camila, Sinu and sofi hugged her, then Alejandro and her shook hands, then the Cabello went to their car and drove home.

Y/N then walked towards her home, using her cane.

"Is going to be okay there?" Taylor asked.

"She's gonna be fine, she can walk her way home" I said in monotone.

"Lauren, she's blind and by the way, why are you giving her the cold shoulder?" Taylor asked me.

"Nothing, its just she's always leaving me without saying goodbye, and I really hate that" I told her and my sister just smirked.

"What? Why are you smirking?" I asked her.

"Well, you like her, do you?" She asked me.

"Yes, very much" I told her.

"So why don't you just forgive her? Maybe she has a good reason why she left" She said then patted my shoulder and walked away.

I entered my room and changed into my PJ's and sat on my bed, I was thinking about Y/N. I missed talking to her, and what I am acting right now is so childish, giving her the cold shoulder when its not really necessary, maybe Taylor was right, maybe she has a good reason why she left.

I walked to my window and sat there and what a coincidence, her room was across from mine, I saw her talking to someone over the phone, she was smiling warmly.

I heard a bit of the conversation.

"Yes mom"

"Please don't worry about me"

"Okay, love you mom, bye" she said then ended the call. So she found her mom, maybe that's the reason why she left again.

I heard her sigh, and she faced at my direction, I panicked but I realized that she's blind so I sighed in relief, she looked away and sat on her bed and she get her guitar.

She strummed her guitar, the tune was unfamiliar but it was soothing. She started to sing.

I opened my eyes last night
And saw you in the low light
Walking down by the bay, on the shore,
Staring up at the planes that aren't there anymore

I was feeling the night grow old
And you were looking so cold
Like an introvert,
I drew my over shirt
Around my arms and began to shiver violently before...

... you happened to look and see
The tunnels all around me
Running into the dark underground
All the subways around create a great sound

To my motion fatigue farewell,
With your ear to a seashell
You can hear the waves
In underwater caves
As if you actually were inside a saltwater room

She sang, and it was so beautiful she continued to strum like she was waiting for a response, I don't know what came into me but I started to blurt out some lyrics but its not so loud though. I am the one who can hear myself.

Lauren:
Time together is just never quite enough

You:
When you and I are alone,
I've never felt so at home

Lauren:
What will it take to make or break this hint of love?

You:
We need time, only time

Lauren:
When we're apart whatever are you thinking of?

You:
If this is what I call home,
Why does it feel so alone?

Lauren:
So tell me, darling, do you wish we'd fall in love?

You:
All the time, all the time

The chorus of the song was like a conversation between her and I. I know that I like her but what will it really take to make or break this hint of love? Of course, we need time, maybe I will find the right time to confess my feelings to her.