A New Beginning

Lauren's POV

It feels like the world is ending for me, I don't want to live anymore, I am losing hope. Living in the dark is really hard, you don't know what the world looks like, even the face of your love ones, and the opportunity for you is less because you're disabled and you're not capable of what normal people do, there's always a limitation for you.

For 15 years I've waited for a chance to see the world but I guess the world doesn't want me to see it's own beauty and let me fulfill my dreams. Now I am giving up, I want to end my misery now, kids that my age right now is being mean to me because I am not normal, I am lucky to have my family with me, taking care of me, loving me unconditionally, but I don't want to be a burden anymore, I want to die right now.

That's what on my mind for the past week, I really want to live but I feel useless because I can't help my parents, brother and sister. I know that mami and papi is running out of funds, that's why dad is working overtime now, I heard them talking about it last week, I want to help in solving that problem, in doing any household chores, but even though I want to die right now someone is holding me back in doing that, someone who makes me feel special, who taught me how to live life, who always tell me that I am worthy to live, and that certain special someone named Y/N, she taught me how to believe in myself, and she believes in me too. I am really thankful that I met her, she's the only friend I have, and I guess I am developing feelings for her, whenever she's near me my heart beats fast and my will to live increases, but misery is an unbeatable enemy and I can't take it anymore.

I heard the door opened and I heard foot steps coming towards me.

"Lauren" I heard Y/N's voice and it made my heart beat faster. My bed dipped and I know that she's sitting near me, whenever I feel her presence, I feel safe, I feel like I'm home.

"Lauren, don't be so harsh on yourself, I know life is hard for you right now but like they said there's a rainbow after a rain, good things happen even in our darkest days" she said, that's why I like her because she light things up. I sat up.

"What do you mean good things happen?" I asked her.

"W-well, there's a person who is willing to donate his eyes for you" she said.

"What? Really?" I asked, I can't believe the news I heard.

"Yes, and don't worry, it matches your cornea and your doctor scheduled you for an immediate eye transplant" she said and I felt tears fell from my eyes, she wiped it.

"Shh, don't cry princess, now you're going to see the world so don't be sad, smile" she said and I smiled.

"I am just happy, its called tears of joy" I said and she laughed.

"I know what tears of joy is" she said then laughed again then theres silence.

I can feel her staring at me and I don't know why.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked.

"How can you tell that I am staring at you?" She asked me.

"Well I know when someone's is staring at me, so why are you staring at me?" I asked her.

"Nothing, I am just staring at your beautiful face so that I won't forget it how beautiful and stunning you are" she said her voice has a longing tone in it.

"Shut up, I'm not" I said but I feel my cheeks heating up.

"Wait 'til you see yourself in the mirror and I will tell you I told you so" She said then laughed, I love to hear her laugh, I can listen to it all day.

......

The day of the surgery came and I am so nervous my mom, dad and siblings is right by my side, calming me, I am excited at the same time. I am searching for someone who can completely calm me, Y/N.

Right on cue she entered with Charlie.

"Hi Lauren, Clara, Mike, Chris and Tay!" She said in a happy tone but my family greeted her a slightly sad tone that it confused me.

"Oh come on cheer up guys, aren't you excited for our Lolo here?" She asked.

"Of course we're all excited" Chris said.

"That's the spirit Chris!" She said.

"So how are you feeling Lo?" She asked me.

"I'm good but really I'm really nervous" I said.

"Don't be because I will be right by your side when the surgery begins" Y/N said and it makes my heart race again.

"How is that even possible? No one is allowed to enter in the Operation Room" I said.

"But doc allowed me, don't worry Lauren" she said.
......

They laid me down on the gurney and lead me to the O.R. I felt Y/N's hand on mine, she's really serious when she said that she'll stay with me on the O.R. she held my hand until the doctors sedated me, but before I completely doze off, I felt her kissed my forehead.
......

I woke up after a few hours of operation, there's a bandage wrapped around my eyes.

"I see you're awake Ms. Jauregui, your family is waiting for you, I am you Doctor, Doctor Jean Smith" the doctor said and introduced herself, she asked the nurse to call my family.

My family entered the room but I can tell someone's missing, I can't feel her presence, she's not here.

"Doc how does the operation goes?" I heard my mom asked.

"The operation is successful, and it will take three weeks to heal the eyes so we put some bandage on it, and the patient is not allowed to lift some heavy object and she's not allowed to stress herself, avoid from crying, it will be bad for her eyes" the doctor said then she excused herself because she will check her other patients.

My family asked me some questions, I am happy that my family is here but I wish Y/N was here, she's the one that I want to be here with me.
.......

Three weeks after, this is the day that we are waiting for.

"Are you ready Ms. Jauregui?" The doctor asked.

"Yes" I told her and she started to remove the bandage, no one spoke a single word during the process of removing the bandage. When it was completely removed, I slowly opened my eyes, it was blurry at first, and my eyes is still adjusting to light, I blinked my eyes, after a few blinks my eyes seems to adjust and I can now see clearly.

The doctor checked my eye coordination first using her pin light, and said that its okay now

The first person that I see is my mom, she's so beautiful, then my handsome dad, and my siblings. They have tears in their eyes.

"Lauren, can you now see us?" Ny mom asked and I can't help it but a single tear fell from my eye, I nodded my head and they all went to hug me.

They are crying, and they thanked the doctor.

"Don't thank me ma'am, thank the donor" she said then she excused herself to give us some privacy.

"Thank the Lord the operation became successful" I heard my papi said and I smiled.

"Now Lauren you can now do what normal people do, and now you can fulfill your dreams" taylor said happily, at last I can now show my talent to the world.

"Can I borrow a mirror?" I asked mom.

"Of course dear, here" my mom said then hand me a mirror, I am scared to see my own reflection at the mirror but I am curious of what I look like, and why Y/N is calling me beautiful.

I slowly lift the mirror up to my face and I gasp when I saw my reflection, then I heard her voice inside my head.

I told you so

I really wish she's here.

This is the new beginning of my life.