Unexpected Family Reunion

Your POV

I can't believed it. Lauren likes me back. I can't express the happiness I felt on the day of our date. I was like so nervous as heck. Mike and Clara was calming my nerves because I am fidgeting at my seat as I wait for Lauren to come out and when she did I was surprised. She was beautiful in my eyes before but that night she looks so gorgeous. I swear when I saw her the air was knocked out of my lungs like someone hit my back. She smiled at me and it made my heart beat fast. The date went well and it was very special to me. Lauren and I are not official yet because we are on the getting to know stage right now, we want to take it slow first.

Right now the girls are back in L.A. they are busy. Nope they are not on tour but they are in the studio recording their album that I know it will be a huge hit when it was released.

Lauren text me and greeted me good morning which made me smile and made my day better. I quickly replied and after texting her, told her how I missed her already and that I will call her later, I got out of the bed to get ready for the day.

I have a business meeting today and a certain company was offering a partnership to my company. I know it will be a long and a stressful day for me but I'll get through it.

I took a shower and after showering, I changed into a business suit. I am not comfortable wearing pencil skirts and such so I settle with tux.

After changing, I grabbed my brief case which contains all the documents I needed and my laptop then went downstairs.

I saw my butler preparing a breakfast for me, he was wearing his business attire already, ready for the meeting later.

"Morning Charlie" I greeted him.

"Good morning Y/N, come eat the table is already set" he said smiling at me.

"Eat breakfast with me Charlie, I hate to eat alone" I told him and he smiled at me and sat across from me.

"So are you ready for the meeting later?" He asked me.

"Of course but why do I have to go to the meeting? You know how I hate meetings, it was so boring" I said and he chuckled.

"Well you need to attend because you are the president and the CEO of the company" he said and I groaned.

After eating breakfast, I put my plate on the sink and went to my car and waited for Charlie there. He came shortly and hopped on the driver seat and revved the car engine and started to drive.

As we travel going to my company, I reviewed all the papers and documents that he gave me, deciding if I will approve or not. We arrived at the main building of my company and I put back all the papers I was reading on the brief case. Charlie opened the door for me and I got out.

I took a deep breath and sighed. I am standing in front of the building and I am looking at it proudly. This is the product of all the hardships I've been through for the past years with the help of Charlie of course. I am really grateful because he stayed by my side when I needed someone the most.

Charlie volunteered to bring my brief case for me.

"Charlie bring my case back" I called him.

"How about a no for an answer? And kid let's go or you're going to be late at your own business meeting" he told me and I just smiled. This man has the same level of stubbornness as me, well maybe that's what happened if you two are hanging out for the longest of time.

I put my hands inside my pocket and walked inside the building. I was greeted by my employees and I greeted them back politely. I am not that arrogant kind of boss.