Chapter 9

I was running through the land I knew all too well, I never wanted to be back here. But something was off. I looked into the lake as I saw my reflection, a big and strong white wolf with dark brown eyes. I heard paws hitting the ground I looked up in fear. I was confused why was I running? Was someone after me? I was hit in the side by a huge brown wolf with those blue eyes I knew all too well. Dex, he pushed me and I heard a howl of pain as I looked at him confused.

‘Dex what’s happened?’ he wasn’t talking.

          I nudged him with my nose and the scent of his blood was overwhelming he changed in front of my eyes. He was stark naked and motionless. I changed back and ran towards his body.

“Dex, talk to me!” I yelled through my tears as my heart clenched.

“Dex, don’t do this to me!” I cried as I shook his body.

“Emily,” he grunted.

“Yes, I’m right here,” I said desperate for him to hear me.

“I need you to leave,” he groaned as he coughed up blood and I cried harder.

“I’m not leaving you!” I cried.

“I need you to go!” he yelled.

“I won’t leave you,”

“Please, they’re after us, I’ll be fine just leave,” Dex said as he tried to smile to reassure me, I knew he was lying, if I left him that would be the last time I ever saw him again.

            I woke up in a cold sweat at midnight, my heart was pounding in my chest, and I didn’t know what was happening. It was just a dream I said over and over in my mind. I got out of bed and decided to run in wolf form. So I stripped once I got into the woods and shifted. It felt so good to be in wolf form again I missed my wolf and the free feeling she always gave me when we ran together.

          I took off running and let my wolf tell me where to go. As I was running I heard paws following me and my heart beat faster as I ran faster, panic from my dream started to seep in as I continued to run as fast as I could. The wolf hot on my trail pushed me down and I whimpered as I looked up into a deep black wolf with the blue eyes that have grown on me. He licked my face and my wolf licked him back. He ran into the bushes and came out in human form.

“Shift,” he said, I shook my head because I didn’t want to be naked in front of him he seemed to get it and took off his shirt and through it in the bushes and nodded toward it.

I shifted in the bushes and pulled on his long t-shirt.

“You have a beautiful wolf, all white,” he smiled as he turned to look at me.

“So do you, all black,” I smiled at him.

“Why are you awake this time?” he asked.

“Nightmare, why are you up?” I asked.

“I heard you shift, Alpha hearing and all,” I smiled at that.

“You’re so full of yourself,” I giggled.

“You loved me at Disney,” he smiled.

“Well, now we’re here,” I smiled.

“Are you tired?” Cole asked.

“Yeah, a little but I don’t want to fall asleep by myself again,” I said honestly as I looked up at the sky.

“You can sleep with me,” he said as he smiled at me.