Chapter 11

My brother crawled into Dex’s arms totally oblivious to the tension in the air. I watched as Dex picked him up placed a kiss on his cheek.

“Hey Chase,” he cooed to him and Chase giggled, I smiled a little as I watched Dex play with Chase, it was so adorable to watch.

“You wanted to talk to me,” I said to him.

“Remember the last time we talked,” he smiled at me as he held Chase in his arms.

“When you rejected me indirectly, yeah I remember that,” I hissed.

“Not that conversation,” he said as he looked like he was searching for something my heart was beating.

“I haven’t talked to you since then,” I said honestly and confused.

“Yes you did, that dream when we talked about how I was teaching you to ride a bike,” he looked at me and my jaw opened.

“That’s impossible, it was a dream,” I said to him.

“No it wasn’t we were communicating through dreams, me being your mate gives the bond perks such as communicating through dreams,” he admitted.

“It really wasn’t a dream?” I asked astonished.

“No, everything I said in that dream I meant it, Emily I’ve missed you since the day you left, I sent you gifts all the time wondering if you----“

“Those gifts were from you?” I asked astonished.

“Yes, rejecting you was the worse decision I’ve ever made,” Dex said honestly.

“Why did you do it?” I asked.

“I’ve seen lone wolves who’ve lost their mates how weak they are, I was scared and an Alpha if I lost you then---,” he choked up and I walked towards him and Chase.

“I didn’t want to go through that, one day we’re all going to die I just didn’t want the risk of you going first, and its stupid I know but---“

          I rubbed his back as I stared into his eyes, those blue eyes that have haunted me for three years. I missed him so much.

“You were scared,” I said to him and Dex leaned into my neck and breathed.

          I don’t know how long we sat like that but it must’ve been a while because I saw that Chase fell asleep on Dex’s chest. I took Chase from Dex.

“I’ll be back,” I said as I got up and I heard Dex lay down on my bed.

“Mom, Chase is sleep,” I said as I handed him to her in the hallway.

“Is Dex still here?” she asked but I knew she could smell him.

“Yeah, I said as I walked back to my room and closed the door.

          Dex was sleeping on my bed snoring softly and I smiled at him. He truly was beautiful. I lay down next to him and just watched him sleep. My heart felt complete now. I’ve missed Dex so much I didn’t even think I wanted to be near him.

“That’s really creepy,” he mumbled as a slight smile curved his lips and tingles spread through my body.

“What?” I asked as I watched him open those beautiful blue eyes.

“You staring at me while I sleep,” he chuckled and I smiled at him.

“I was not staring,” I lied and Dex rolled over so he was straddling me.

“I missed you,” he admitted as he stared into my eyes and I was trying not to focus on the pleasurable sensations that went through my body every time he touched, talked or looked at me.