Chapter 30

I ran through all the chaos that seemed to have erupted only after a minute. I don’t understand how everything could be fine one moment and then they’re like this. I saw a deep red wolf limping around. I knew it was Emmett and he was hurt. I had to help him. Without thinking I ran into the clearing making myself vulnerable to all the weapons flying through the air at people. I was a pissed pregnant wolf and those two things don’t mix well. I growled loudly and it looked as if everyone stopped just to look at me, rage was radiating off my body. Emmett stared at me and I growled at him ordering him to move out my way which he did no questions asked. I pounced on top of the filthy hunter; I didn’t even give her a chance to scream as my teeth tore her head from her body my white fur and teeth dyed red as I chewed on her head. The taste was nasty and tart but I ate her head anyway, no one hurts my friends.

‘Emily she’s dead’ Emmett said.

‘Not enough’ I growled.

‘Thanks’

‘This is not the time hurry up and heal’ I snapped.

          I took my place as a true Luna when I jumped into the middle of the fight. A tall man with shoulder length hair and tattoos dressed in black with a silver crossbow stepped in my path. I growled at him warningly. He lifted the bow but before he could pull the trigger a giant black wolf bit hard on his neck and he looked at me with those beautiful blue eyes.

‘We made a deal, to stay near each together at all times’ he growled at me.

‘Well sorry for saving one of my hurt pack members’

          Cole lunged behind me at another hunter I saw Dex fighting and I also saw Kimberly still in human form eyeing me with a murderous glare. I didn’t understand what was happening as she ran at me. Something was telling me to be afraid of her my fear kicked in and I ran through the trees this felt like my dream I was running towards the lake not understanding why I was running from her of all people. I skidded to a stop as I came to the start of the lake. I saw Kimberly run through the trees and my heart spiked in fear.

“Hello Emily, surprised?” she laughed humorlessly, I growled.

“I can’t understand you dog, bark louder,” she teased and I growled.

          I watched her every move as she showed me a mark on her chest that just seemed to magically appear. I knew now she was a hunter a very skilled one too, I froze in shock.

“Don’t worry I don’t care much for anyone but you, after you die we’ll leave,” she said and I growled.

“We can do this the easy way or the hard way,” she said I lunged at her back leg and she screamed as she pulled a gun on me immediately.

          I pulled away from her all I could think about was my baby dying because of me. I slowly stepped back going to make a run for it but she was to fast I heard the bullet whiz in the air and I waited for it to kill me I was too late. But I opened my eyes to see the bullet never touched me. I looked down and howled in a heartbreaking pain. That big brown wolf that I love so much despite everything that has happened was slowly dying as he shifted into my worst nightmare come true. I shifted back not bothering to nudge him like I did in my dream this was real and I knew what was going to happen next. I was completely vulnerable but I didn’t care I loved him. I lay his head on my lap and cry; I couldn’t help the words that came out of my mouth as I stared at his slowly paling face.

“Dex, talk to me, please, I need you!” I cried as my heart felt like it was dying slowly.

“Dex please, don’t do this to---“

“Emily,” he grunted I looked at him and heard the screams of Kim being ripped to shreds but I was too worried about Dex to think about who was doing it.

“Dex, I’m here,” I cried harder as I ran my fingers through his soft hair and rocked back and forth.

“I need you to leave,” he grunted and I shook my head.

“Go now!” he yelled as loud as he could as he coughed up blood.

“I’m not leaving you,” I whispered.

“Please, I’ll---“

“Don’t lie to me, I won’t leave you,” Dex smiled with his blood red teeth he choked and coughed again.

“Please,” I cried.

“Emily, I love---“ I looked at him and his eyes rolled back in his head as he lay there dead in my arms.

          I couldn’t move, how could Dex be gone but I’m still here, it wasn’t fair. I cried and cried, I tried to tell myself he would be okay but as I felt his blood start to trickle down my naked body I knew he was dead and he wasn’t coming back. I continued to cry and then I noticed the fighting stopped as it started to rain. We won but I wasn’t happy, Dex was dead because of me, the rain washed all the blood away from Dex I felt a sharp pain but I ignored it no pain was worse than this. I looked up through the rain and I saw both packs gathered around the lake staring at me. But I didn’t move I just stared at Dex’s corpse. I saw a deep brown wolf walk toward us and he howled in pain it was Chris his father. Chris nudged me with his snout and I cried into his fur.

“We need to go inside,” Cole shifted back and stared at me and I gasped as another sharp pain hit me, even if I wanted to leave which I didn’t,  I couldn’t.

“It’s my fault,” my body became numb as I looked at Dex’s body.

“No, it’s not,”

“Yes it is!” I yelled with a hoarse voice from crying.

“I didn’t even, I never even, I should be dead not him,” I cried.

“No, don’t say that,” Cole said and I shook my head.

“Let’s go,” he put his arm around my shoulder.

“I can’t,” I said honestly.

“I know---“

“I physically cannot move,” I interrupted.

“What---“ my father shifted.

“I don’t understand?” my father said as he stared at me with worried eyes I looked up at Cole and cried.

“I think my water just broke,” I said.