Chapter 21

I just lay on his chest breathing heavily.

“That was fun,” he panted, I looked up at him and saw a goofy smile on his face.

“We should head home,” I panted as I picked up my dress off the floor and climbed back into the passenger seat.

“Yeah,” Cole agreed still out of breath as he pulled up his boxers and jeans.

          I blushed at what we just did anyone could’ve saw us. I sat in the seat and he just winked at me as he drove out the parking lot.

“I feel so ashamed,” I told him as we walked into the house.

“Don’t be babe,” he smiled at me as he kissed my neck.

          I shivered and we went up to my room and I was the first to run to the bathroom. I was so sweaty and sticky I needed a shower. As soon as my body hit the water I smiled as evidence of what we did washed away. I smiled to myself, it was fun though. I heard the door open and saw Cole in his boxers leaning on the sink.

“Yes, Cole,” I smiled.

“I’m just waiting for you to hurry up and shower so I can jump in,” Cole smiled smugly.

“Surprised you didn’t just come in,” I said as I washed up.

“I have manners, can I?” I heard the suggestiveness in his voice.

“No,” I said quickly and I walked out the shower with a towel.

“Aw, why so eager to get rid of me was it that bad?” he smirked at me, I ignored him.

“Because the way you screamed my---“I placed my hand over his mouth.

“My parents are home, they’re wolves too and can hear everything you’re saying right now,” I whispered, he nodded his head and when I pulled my hand away he kissed me and I pulled away first so I could get dressed.

          I heard the shower turn on again and I pulled on a t-shirt and underwear as I lay in the bed I waited for Cole to come lay with me. I sighed happily Cole was the perfect man, I loved him so much. When the shower cut off my breath caught at the thought of being so close to him again. It’s like I needed him near me 24/7. I smiled to myself. He came out the bathroom with just his boxers on and he climbed into the bed next to me. I felt his lips linger on my cheek as he held me close.

“Goodnight Emily,” I smiled sweetly as I moved closer to him.

          The next morning I woke up to the sound of Dex’s voice downstairs. He was laughing and talking loudly to someone. I turned over and the bed was empty so I sat up and sighed. I walked to my closet and pulled on some sweat pants and a loose t-shirt. I made my way down stairs towards the kitchen and placed some toasts into the toaster, I didn’t bother looking for Cole, I knew he was here I felt like the walking dead. Once my toast was up I spread butter onto it and sat at the table and began nibbling on it. Strong arms found its way around my waist and I smiled as warmth spread through my body.

“Morning babe,” Cole said into my ear as he kissed my cheek.

“Hey,” I smiled as I finished up my toasts and put my dishes in the sink.

“How was your sleep last night?” he asked as he leaned on the bar and watched me wash my dish.

“I think I slept too much,” I admitted as I yawned, Dex came into the kitchen and smiled at me.

“Hey Emily,” he smiled sweetly at me and I returned his smile.

“Hey Dex,” I said.

“You really beat Kim up badly,” he winced as he stared at me and I smirked.

“She provoked me,” I defended myself.

“Well, I definitely won’t be messing with you anymore,” Dex said and Cole smiled at him, I watched the little exchange and smiled at them.

“You two friends or something?” I asked.

“We’re getting there,” Cole smiled at me.

“Anyway, I can’t stay with you today, I have pack business to attend to and we really need to discuss when I’m going to introduce you to the pack,” Cole looked at me hopefully.

“Well, we could go this weekend,” I offered and he smiled.

“Alright, but I have to go run some errands,” Cole said as he smiled at me.

          He walked over to me and kissed my lips.

“I’ll see you tonight,” he assured me and I nodded as he left me in the kitchen with Dex.

“I’m glad you two are actually getting along,” I smiled at Dex.

"He’s actually not bad when you get to know him however I still envy him,” he stared at me.

“There’s no reason to envy him,” I sighed as I rolled my eyes.

“He got you, that is reason alone to envy him, but I would rather him have you then anyone else,” he admitted and I smiled as I gave him a hug.

“When did you become so sweet?” I smiled.

“When I realized my bitterness caused me to loose the love of my life,” he said as I looked up at him and he looked down at me, I pulled away from him.

“Dex I love you just as a friend though,” I smiled at him.

“I know,” he smiled as he leaned in and kissed my cheek.

“You want to go out today?” he asked.

“Where?” I smiled at him.

“I was thinking the park for a little bit, maybe go out for ice cream or something like that,” he said sheepishly.

“Sure,” I smiled as I went to put on my all black Nikes.

“Ready,” Dex asked as he jingled his keys around his fingers.

“Yep,” I smiled and followed him out into the car.