Chapter 24

The seltzer really helped I felt like myself again. I woke up with Cole’s arm wrapped around me and I smiled as I heard his soft snoring. It’s been a while since I actually woke up in Cole’s arms. I looked up and saw my mom looking at the gaping hole in my wall and she looked me in the eye confused. I carefully moved away from Cole and out the bed and walked towards my mom.

“Alpha Chris came and destroyed my room,” I said giving her part of the story, my parents don’t know about Dex and I’d like to keep it that way.

“I don’t want to know,” she shook her head; anyway Dex is downstairs looking for you.

          A smile lit my face and I made my way down the stairs. I came face to face with his arranged mate and growled at her she looked up at me and coward away.

“How’s your face?” I asked as I saw a faint line on her cheek.

“I’m sorry,” she whimpered and looked away I was shocked.

“You’re sorry,” I repeated and she just sent me a kind smile.

“Yes, I’m sorry I honestly thought you wanted Dex,” she admitted and I saw the honesty in her voice.

“It’s okay I guess,” I said hesitantly.

“We should start over, I’m Kim,” she smiled politely holding out her hand.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Emily,” I shook her hand and I saw Dex round the corner and he smiled at me.

“Hey Dex,” I smiled up at him and let go of Kim’s hand.

“Hi Emily,” he smiled at me and pulled me into a hug I hugged him back briefly and pulled away.

“Where’s Cole?” Kim asked me.

“He’s still asleep,” I said as I walked into the kitchen and Dex followed.

“Can we talk?” Dex asked and I looked at him skeptically.

“I thought we were already talking,” I noticed that Kim didn’t follow.

“I mean about a certain topic,” he blushed as he stared at me.

“I thought we went over this already,” I sighed as I realized what he was suggesting.

“I know, I just want to make sure I actually make the right decision this time,” and I looked at him and he smiled slightly.

“Dex there is no decision to make I love you just as a friend,” I said confident in my answer and he searched my eyes for something but I guess he didn’t find anything and he smiled sadly.

“I know that’s why I decided to complete the mating process with Kim tonight,” he told me looking into my eyes.

          I waited for me to feel some way for that. I waited for the pain to come but it didn’t and I just smiled at him.

“That’s great, I’m happy as long as you’re happy,” I said honestly and he shook his head at me.

“Can I ask for something,” I looked up at him and waited for him to continue.

“I know I shouldn’t even ask for this, but I want to remember feeling this way for you, I don’t want to forget us when I mate, can I get one goodbye kiss?” he asked and my heart jumped in my chest as I stared at him.

“If I kiss you will that be the end of everything with me being your mate and everything?” I asked.

“Yes,” he looked into my eyes and I made my way over to him with my heart thumping in my chest.

          He leaned in and I stood on my tip toes and pecked his lips it was over before it started and he smiled at me. This time was different kissing him was different I felt nothing but friendship for him and I smiled to myself.

“Thank you,” he whispered as he stroked my cheek and I couldn’t help the stray tear that leaked onto my cheek.

“Stop talking to me like you’re saying goodbye forever,” I chuckled as I wiped my tear away.

“You were always such a softy for goodbyes,” he laughed.

“Well, you’re not saying goodbye,” I smiled at him and hugged him tightly.

          I pulled away when I heard a throat clear and saw Cole leaning on the door frame. I smiled at him and ran into his arms.

“Good morning sleepyhead,” I smiled at him and he chuckled.

“Guess what?” I asked and he smiled down at me.

“What?” Cole asked.

“Dex is going to complete the mating process tonight,” I smiled and Cole looked up with a giant smile on his face.

“That’s great man!” Cole high-fived him and I smiled at them just as Kim made her way into the kitchen.

“So, what now?” Kim asked me and I smiled at her.

“We watch chick flicks and get fat off all the junk food,” I smiled as she followed me into the living room.

“Thanks,” she said to me as I put a movie in.

“For what?” I asked as I grabbed a couple snacks from the kitchen and walked back, I have no idea where the boys disappeared too.

“What you said to Dex, if I was you I wouldn’t want anything to do with me,” she smiled at me.

“Everyone deserves second chances,” I smiled.

“And Dex?” she asked me.

“Got a second chance but messed up,” I said honestly.

          If Dex had just told his father I probably wouldn’t have even known Cole or remembered him. I’m happy he messed up because I believe Cole was the one made for me.

*Dex’s POV*

          Cole and I decided to take a little walk and he sighed as he looked at me.

“She loves you, you know?” Cole spoke first.

“I know but as long as she’s going to be happy with you I need to tell you a few things,” I said seriously.

“And that is?” Cole asked and I stopped walking and looked at him.

“You may have her now, but if you don’t treat her right she will leave you---“

“Like how she left you,” Cole snapped and I smiled sadly at him.

“Yes, but if you hurt her I won’t hesitate to hurt you,” I said honestly.

“You still love her,” Cole looked in my eyes and I looked down.

“I always have and always will, I will mate with Kim tonight but I will always be thinking of Emily, I mean no disrespect but if you hurt her I will hurt you,” I said honestly looking into his eyes.

“Fair enough, but I want you to know I will never hurt her,” Cole said honestly.

“I know that’s why I told her you were better for her than me,” I said with respect and Cole just stared at my back as I walked away.

          I thought about the words I said to him and I meant every word I said. I will die for Emily.