Chapter 31

“Are you serious?” Cole asked.

“No, I’m fucking lying dick,” I growled, he was surprised by my outburst.

          The more I recognized about the whole situation the more pain I started to feel. I screamed as I felt a sharp pain run through my body.

“Don’t just stand there, do something!” I yelled at Cole, he was still frozen in place staring at me.

          My dad ran to my side and he held my hand, as he looked at everyone.

“Call the pack doctor Cole,” my dad said as Cole seemed to snap out of it and he panicked as he dialed the numbers in his cell phone.

“I need you to just breathe sweetie, I’m going to pick you up and put you in the car okay,” I took deep breaths like he said and he lifted me as the wolves made a clear path for him to run me into the car.

          I screamed again and my dad calmed me down.

“Just breathe sweetheart,” tears streaked down my face as I felt the most unbearable pain shake my body.

“Let’s go Cole!” my dad rushed him and he ran into the car looking nervous as I screamed from the backseat.

*Cole’s POV*

          I panicked as I jumped into the car with her dad. I was going to be a father tonight. I whimpered as I saw tears streak down her face it was hurting her. I didn’t know what to do and she added more pressure on me as she yelled profanities at me. I looked at her dad who was speeding to the hospital.

“Don’t worry son it’s always like this,” he smiled reassuringly at me.

“She doesn’t mean it,” as soon as we drove to the entrance the doctor already had nurses and a wheelchair ready for her.

“I’m just going to wait out here---“

“Cole, if you don’t get your ass over here I am going to slice your dick off and shove it down your throat,” she screamed again and I ran to her side as I held her hand.

“Do you want me---“ her dad started.

“No, just Cole,” she was breathing heavily.

          She squeezed my hand and I could’ve sworn I heard a crack, fuck this hurts, she thinks she’s in pain, she’s doing to permanent damage to my hand. The doctors put her on the bed and I stayed next to her she had tears leaking out of her eyes and she was all red. She was screaming in pain.

“Doctor is there anything we can do?” I asked not liking how she was screaming.

“Well she’s not completely dilated yet, so I can’t give her the epidural until then,”

“I need drugs, give me the fucking drugs, knock me out do whatever!” she yelled.

          Just then the doctor clapped his hands with a smile and the nurses came in with a long needle injecting a clear liquid into her IV.

“What’s going on?” I was so lost.

“She’s dilated and ready to start pushing,” I saw her shake her head, she still looked like she was in pain but at least it didn’t look as painful as it was before.

“Do you want to come down here and watch?” the doctor asked and I was curious so I sat next to the doctor.

“Okay on three I need you to push,” the doctor started counting.

          She screamed as she pushed as hard as she could.

“Okay just like that, again,” the doctor said and I stared in amazement.

          The nurse told her to breathe and on three she pushed again and I nearly vomited this was actually gross.

“Okay again, you’re doing great the head is almost out,” she pushed again and I couldn’t handle it as I felt my body go weak and I fell into darkness.

*Emily’s POV*

          That was the most treacherous pain I ever endured. When I heard the crying of my baby I smiled as tears streamed down my face.

“Healthy baby boy born at 3:06 a.m." the doctor smiled as the nurses cleaned him off.

“You did great,” the doctor smiled at me and I was happy.

“Where’s Cole?” I asked.

“He fainted we put him in the chair over there,” I busted into laughter at this.

“The almighty Alpha fainted?” I asked in disbelief as I laughed harder.

          The nurse giggled a little and she passed my baby to me and I looked down at him and smiled. He was adorable I cried tears of joy as he gurgled something.

“Hey handsome, you’re finally here,” I cooed to him and he smiled and his eyes opened and those blue eyes stared at me he looked like Cole, I smiled at him.

“I think maybe you should feed him he might be hungry,” the doctor said and I nodded my head.

“Can you try to wake up Cole?” I asked and the doctor nodded as he walked over to Cole and tapped him.

          I lifted my shirt just enough so I could breast feed without giving anyone a show. I was so happy.

“What are you going to name him?” the nurse asked me.

          I thought of the name Cole and I talked about but then I thought of Dex and how he was gone now, I wasn’t going to see him ever again. I started to cry and the nurse came over to comfort me. I was still sad and felt guilty even in this moment where I’m supposed to be happy, this is supposed to be the best day of my life but with Dex gone I just feel empty. I looked down at my little boy and smiled at him, it wasn’t my fault, I told myself, and I smiled at my little boy. I would be happy at least for today. I saw the doctor shake Cole and Cole jumped up startled.

“You okay there?” I teased and he laughed humorlessly.

“Wait did I miss anything?” he asked and I laughed as I motioned for him to come here.

“Look,” I moved so he could see our baby better who was still eating as he was falling asleep.

“Wow, that’s our little boy,” he smiled as he touched his cheek; I saw that the doctor gave him some scrubs and I smiled at him.

“I know, he looks like you, you should’ve seen his eyes,” I smiled at him.

“I missed all of this, I was just tired,” he lied and I giggled.

“What?” he said.

“I know you fainted, it’s okay not everyone can handle this sort of thing,” I teased.

“You told her!” he yelled at the doctor and the doctor laughed as he walked out.

“It’s fine,” I smiled.

“Can I hold him?” he asked and I nodded as he took hold of our baby.

“He’s so small,” Cole said as he held him.

          I smiled as the baby held on too Coles pinky and Cole cooed to the baby. I was so tired and I dosed off in a peaceful sleep.