Chapter 12

We chatted along the way about how college life was. I told him about my best friend Tina and he made me happy, for once I wasn’t confused about how I felt. I knew I was made for him and he was made for me. He walked me to my door and he just stared at me and smiled, I couldn’t help but smile back at him. He had one of those smiles that were contagious.

“What are you staring at?” I asked.

“The most beautiful mate in the world,” he said and I blushed.

“Thank you,” I smiled as I looked down.

“I can’t stop staring, I don’t know how I ever let you go,” he said as he continued to stare at every inch of my face.

“You don’t have to ever again,” I said to him honestly as I wrapped my arms around his waist, he kissed my forehead as he wrapped his arms around me.

“I have to leave you now,” he whispered.

“But it’s only temporary,” I smiled up at him as he looked into my eyes.

“How did I get so lucky?” Dex asked.

“Fate,” I smiled at him as he stared at me intensely.

“Can I try something?” he asked looking at my lips and back to my eyes.

“Depends on what you want to try,” I said to him he shuddered in pleasure and I smirked.

“Can I kiss you?” he asked I was astonished he even asked Cole usually just kissed me.

          I just nodded and he leaned in slowly and my eyes closed as my heart beat in anticipation. His lips touched mine so softly and tingles spread everywhere through my body. My hands immediately went into his hair to pull his lips closer to mine. God, I loved this feeling, I never wanted this to end. We continued to move our lips in synch and he groaned in the back of his throat as I licked his bottom lip asking for entrance.  He then took control of the kiss as I gasped when his hands moved underneath my shirt. I moaned as he traced his fingers around the outline of my bra.

“Off,” he growled and then I snapped out of it as I pulled away from him.

“I should go,” I panted.

“Yeah, umm, goodnight Emily,” he smiled at me as he let go of me and walked backwards.

“Oh and Emily?”

“Yeah,” I turned around to stare at him.

“I’m taking you out for the day tomorrow, be ready at 10,” he smiled at me and I smiled as I nodded my head.

          When I got into my room I didn’t realize I was crying until I touched my cheek. Why was I crying? Dex wants me, my mate wants me, I shouldn’t be crying. It was guilt I realized I was feeling, the overwhelming guilt was gnawing at me. What about Cole? The one who was there for you when Dex wasn’t, I remembered how he made me feel and I just cried. These are the days I wish Tina was here. I want Cole but I want Dex too. I was so selfish for this. Cole should understand though Dex is my mate and Dex didn’t want me before. I’m so confused. Why was I thinking of Cole as soon as I saw Dex, Cole should have been a non factor, Cole isn’t my mate Dex is. I went to the bathroom and saw my puffy red nose and tears streaming down my cheeks. I went into the shower and let my mind drift off into its own world. I miss Tina, Stefan, Damon, Edward, Alex, and Emmett. I really missed Cole and I shouldn’t be missing him especially thinking of how I kissed Dex, I felt guilty like I was supposed to be loyal to Cole but if I was with Cole I would feel guilty because of Dex. I sighed as I turned off the water and went in my bed to sleep; hopefully things will clear out by morning.

          I woke up to something tapping my window. I sat up and was on alert as I went to look out the window, I opened it and Dex climbed in.

“You scared me!” I said.

“I said I was taking you out today,” he stated.

“And you couldn’t just use the door because?” I asked.

“I didn’t want to wake your parents I mean it is early in the morning,” he said and I smiled at him.

“Why aren’t you ready yet?” he asked me.

“I was sleeping,” I said as I untangled my hair with my fingers.

“Well get dressed,” he smiled as he walked over to my bed.

“Well aren’t you eager,” I teased and he smiled.

“I have the perfect date planned,” he smiled and I couldn’t help myself as I leaned over him and pecked him on the lips.

“What was that for?” he asked with a smile on his face.

“Nothing,” I blushed as I went into my closet and pulled on some skinny jeans and a tank top with a cardigan and some matching flats.

“Ready?” he asked.

“Yep,” I smiled at him as he pulled me down the steps and out the door.

“So what’re we---“

“Surprise,” he said as he drove off.

          I turned the radio on and Pink blasted through the speakers ‘Raise Your Glass’ they keep playing this song. It made my heart hurt at the fact that I didn’t have Cole here to sing it with me. When we got there I hit him in the arm.

“Ouch, what was that for,” he groaned.

“You did not bring me here,” I yelled at him as I looked up at the paintball place.

“Yep, I remember how much you loved it,” he teased.

“I hated this place you got paint all over me and in my mouth,” I said as I remembered that awful memory when we were kids.

“That was because I liked you,” he chuckled.

“Whatever,” I got out the car and stuck my tongue out at him.

“Babe, if you don’t want me to attack you we can be on the same team,” he laughed as I flipped him off.

          I met with an instructor and a few other pack members who nodded in respect to Dex and said hi to me. He pulled me along with him as we all geared up.

“I hate you,” I mumbled.

“No you don’t babe,” he winked at me.

“Don’t call me that,”

“Call you what, babe?” he smirked as I rolled my eyes.

          He leaned in and kissed my lips as he helped put the vest on me a few pack members gasped.

“You know you love me,” he whispered in my ear making me shiver.

“Don’t be so sure,” I said jokingly but something inside me knew it was the truth.