Chapter 13

After Dex dominated the other team he decided it would be fun to start shooting me, eventually I just tackled him to the ground. We were both panting and he hugged me close to him. I smiled this was fun up until the end. I growled at him and he kissed my cheek and I blushed as he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the car.

“That was fun right?” he asked.

“I mean I guess up until the end,” I crossed my arms as I sat on the passenger side.

“I couldn’t help it,” he admitted still chuckling.

          I smiled at him laughing. I loved his laugh.

“You mind if we stop by my house for a few minutes?” he asked.

“No,” I smiled at him.

          He drove into the direction of his house I knew his parents for a while so I wasn’t nervous. They were my mom and dad’s best friends. When we stopped in front of the house, I followed him into the house.

“Son we have great news!” Chris said to Dex as he walked through the door.

“Hey Emily,” Chris smiled at me.

“Hey,”

“Emily, I haven’t seen you in a while,” Dex’s mom, Kate, engulfed me in a hug.

“You’re parents missed you,” Chris said.

“I know but now I’m back,” I smiled.

“What did you need to tell me?” Dex asked his dad as he smiled at his mom and me talking.

“The mating is set up, you will be mated next month,” Chris smiled at Dex and I froze and stared at them.

“What mating?” I asked Chris.

“Oh my son is taking over soon and he hasn’t found his mate yet so we decided on arranging a mate for him,” Chris smiled, my heart wanted to burst out of my chest as I felt it breaking again, but I held back the tears.

“You didn’t find your mate yet?” I asked Dex.

“No,” he looked me in my eyes and gulped, I shook my head.

“Oh well I hope you and your arranged mate have the best times together,” I said heartlessly.

“Aww, isn’t that sweet, you were always so sweet Emily,” I smiled a cold smile at Kate.

“Anyway I think I should be heading home,” I said in an emotionless voice.

“So soon?” Kate asked.

“Yeah, my family really missed me,” I smiled as I made my way out, Dex stopped me.

“I’ll drive you,” Dex said and I looked at him with disbelief.

“I’ll walk,” I said as I walked out the door and my heart shattered into a million pieces.

          I walked fast as Dex tried to catch up to me.

“Emily!” he called my name, and I stopped as I turned to look at him.

“What?” I asked.

“Don’t do this to me again please,” he begged.

“Do what Dex?” I asked with no emotion.

“Leave without an explanation,” he said with hurt in his eyes, a tear ran down  my cheek as my heart continued to shatter for the second time, I remember the first time I left him the pain I felt was unbearable but the thought of going through that again killed me.

“Explain then,” I told him, he moved closer to me but I stepped back.

“Please just come here I don’t want you to run from me,” he pleaded and I shook my head as I stared at him.

“I’m sorry,” he said to me.

“Sorry doesn’t fix everything Dex; you’ve always thought that,”

“I know but this wasn’t my fault,” he said.

“Then explain it to me, Chris doesn’t want you to have your mate?” I asked.

“He wants me to find her but he also wants me to be Alpha I can’t be Alpha without a mate,”

“It doesn’t have to be that way and you know it, you found your mate three years ago,” I yelled.

“Don’t you think I realize that, if you never ran away----“

“You’re blaming me, we could’ve been mated already if it wasn’t for you Dex you rejected me not the other way around, when will you man up and learn to take responsibility?” I asked him.

“You didn’t have to run away, did you know that the next month I came to your house looking for you to apologize but you left to college,” he said.

“Do you even hear what’s wrong with that sentence?” I asked unbelievably.

 “I know I was late, okay, I take full blame for that, but I didn’t think you would come back,”

“The Alpha asked for me to come home,”

“I know but I thought you would still be wherever you ran off to making some bogus excuse as to why you couldn’t come,”

“I’m not that pathetic, I may have been avoiding you but I would never defy the Alpha because of you,” I growled.

“You sure, because you did avoid your family because of me?” he asked with a smug smirk on his face that I wanted to rip off his face.

“I’m done with you Dex,” I started walking away again.

“There you go running away from your issues again,”

“There you go being a Dick again,” I snapped.

          I heard him growl at me warningly.

“What are you going to do now?” I provoked.

“Don’t provoke me Emily,” he growled as his blue eyes got darker.

“Or what, are you going to hit me or something?” I asked as I looked into his eyes, they immediately softened and I melted, I hate how I could be upset with him one minute and in love with him in the next.

“I would never hurt you Emily,” he said honestly as he walked up to me and this time I let him get closer to me.

“You know that right?” he leaned in and looked into my eyes; my heart was literally beating as fast as ever.

          I just stared up at him and couldn’t look away. I hated fighting with him I touched his face.

“Let me explain further, this time don’t say anything until I’m finished ok?” he asked and I nodded.

          He leaned in and kissed both my cheeks, then he kissed my forehead and my nose and I smiled up at him. He smiled at me and kissed my lips softly and I kissed him back. This kiss was less passionate but it was a sweet kiss. His tongue traced my bottom lip and I moaned as I let him in. I loved the tingles that spread through my body. My hands made its way through his hair and he pulled away and we were both completely calm nothing as evidence of our last fight. What were we even fighting about? Oh yeah he didn’t want to tell his dad I was his mate and so his dad arranged a mate for him. What?! I pushed him off of me and growled.

“Don’t do that again,” I snapped.

“Do what?” he growled.

“Try to make everything okay with a kiss,” I growled.

“It was worth a shot, anyway just let me explain without interruption,” he pleaded as he stared into my eyes and I nodded as I leaned on a nearby tree and motioned for him to continue.