Chapter Two: Pieces

There is a noise and I sit up quickly not sure where I am.

I look down at the blankets and realize that I am in my room, but I remain silent as I am unsure of where the noise came from.

Mathieu is sitting on the bed beside me with his shirt off exposing his muscular torso.

"No...no no no..." I stumble trying to back away from him.

He looks at me confused and moves towards me.

"Don't touch me!" I scream.

"Jaclynn" He says it more like Jackleen. "Nothing happened between us, you feel asleep and so I brought you to your room."

"It's Princess Jaclynn, I understand you bringing me here but why are you still here?"

"You didn't seem okay and I was worried."

"Do not worry about me, and of course I am not okay I have to Marry you!" I stand up and walk to my closet.

"By the time I am finished changing you will be gone." I command closing the door.

I sit on the small white plush bench in my closet and sigh.

29 days.

I put on a knee length lilac dress and brush my hair in front of my vanity.

I hum one of my favorite songs to play on the piano as I walk out to my room.

"I thought I told you to leave," I say snapped out of the few seconds of happiness I had.

"Your Majesty you have to atleast try before you can oppose this completely." He begs.

"Then I will and when it fails terribly I will return to complaining." I say as I put on my shoes.

Walking out the door I don't stop to see if he is following.

He jogs up beside me and i exhale trying not to lose my mind.

"At that meeting yesterday, what language was it that you spoke."

"Latin"

"The other one princess."

"That was nonsense." I state.

"Is that the name of the language?"

"It has no signal name, it was made up by my great great grandfather and words are added whenever we please We have a book hidden away that houses all of the words."

"Are names different in nonsense."

"That is not it's name and yes the names differ a bit to seem more like an actual language."

"What is your name them?"

"Joaqlin. And yours is Maskew, Anything else you want to invade my privacy and ask?"

"One last thing regarding this language, is there a word for love?"

I glare at him.

"Of course not, this is used strictly for the royals to communicate not share affectionate words."

"You said you could create the words at whatever time." He points out.

"The word is Avor okay? I made it up a few years ago when I believed I would have a person to share the word with. How stupid I was to get my hopes up."

"It is still possible" He says in french.

"I will never love you or see you as anything more than my captor."

"You hardly know me." He says quoting my words from earlier.

"Exactly! But what I do know is that you seem to have no issue whatsoever with this arrangement because you don't have to leave you home or leave your family and go into a country you have never been in. You were not your parent's sacrifice! I was! You will never understand how it feels! My future and my dreams mean nothing to them because I was not born first, and even if I was they wouldn't be doing this to Jax, All I am is a pawn and that's all you see me as too. An object, for you find pleasure with and bear your children. No more. No Less." I get up and walk away from him ignoring his many calls for me to return.

I skip breakfast and spend it in the music room writing new music as I am sure there will be a piano in the french palace and it will be my reminder of home.

It's a melody that starts of simply yet beautiful and full of bliss but soon turns dark and slowly grows louder until it hits its peak and tumbles down the scales coming to a broken end.

That's where I will be at the end of this all, at a broken finish line which is a life of pretending. I will have to birth an heir, not exceptions unless I am infertile. I have no choice, so at the end I will be pieces of what little I am now.

Only Pieces.

Mathieu is pictured above!

Thank you for reading!

~N