Chapter Five: Secrets

I groan internally.

"It is no where of your concern Prince Mathieu." I say with a quick curtsy.

He nods.

"Have you seen Princess Jaclynn by any chance?"

"I have not your highness, she has been rather strange lately, the stress I believe, I don't recommend you bother her. She is trying to rest."

He looks at me oddly running his hand through his hair.

"What is your name?"

"Morgana." I answer quickly.

"Thank you Morgana, I am sorry to bother you."

"It's okay Prince Mathieu, in your pastimes you should stop by the stable and take Fable for a ride she is both I and her highnesses favorite." Okay, it should be said I don't hate him as much as I lead on I find him tolerable and at times quite annoying but some of our interests are similar which is good. I push him away so that he doesn't get any ideas that we can ever be more than two people married to run a country. Though that kiss may have veered of the path a bit.

He smiles at me. "Good day to you."

I turn away from him. Clutching the small crossbody bag that has my money along with a fake passport and ID.

If the urge strikes me I am fully capable of running away, but at the moment I have no intentions to do so.

I go to the west wall which borders the city and Gerard lets me out knowing who I truly am.

I walk past him and out of the palace and break out into a jog towards the city.

"Morgana!" My new friend Samara greets me as I walk into her little musical restaurant Samaras Sweets & songs.

"Hello samara." I give her a hug.

"That is some ring you have on there" she remarks.

"It was my grandmothers." I lie. "I should probably put that in my purse so I don't damage it."

She nods, "it's been the weeks where did you disappear to? We were worried."

"I was traveling internationally"

"Why were you doing that?"

"My family is moving to france in two weeks."

"No." She says looking stunned.

I nod.

"Perhaps I will be able to stop in every few months."

"I am going to miss your performances!" She hugs me again with a tear trailing down her face.

"We still have today." I say grabbing an apron and tieing it on as well as pulling back my fake hair thankful that I took the time to hide every inch of my real hair.

"Nonsense! Morgana you are singing."

"I will tonight when we actually have people here to watch. For now I will help you guys."

She sighs.

I am proud of Samara. At the age of 19 she has a very successful business with many staff members and she manages it perfectly.

A few people are eating their lunches and I decide to start some desserts since we are running low on vanilla and raspberry cupcakes.

My favorite part of Samara's Sweet Songs, is the glass counter so that you can see the baked goods being made.