Chapter Twelve: Dull Parties

Last minute preparations and decor changes consume my last day of freedom the minute I wake up Amelia is on my case about flowers and gets me up to make sure I like all of the arrangements.

With the wedding tomorrow we have various run throughs and rehearsals tonight..

It will be the first time I have seen Mathieu since Monday evening and quite frankly I don't mind.

The carnation and rose bouquets look fine and after various times of the florist asking if I want any aspect change I snap and walk out of the ballroom which is almost unrecognizable with the Grey white and Navy decor and flowers.

I want nothing to do with any of this anymore, I want it to be in the past so I can get the marriage annulled as soon as possible. I don't care if that means exposing the fact that my parent's think I am unlovable. I refuse to hide who I am anymore.

And today I plan on starting to be myself.

I return to my room putting on a black pair of pants and a light pink shirt before going down to breakfast.

Some advisors have joined us for breakfast today which I find odd but I know this is my opportunity.

"Jax do you love Abigail?" I ask loudly.

He blushes and nods.

"See there is an issue with that, you are both Heirs and She has no siblings." I point out and I tell he sees where I am heading and he smiles.

:That is a huge problem."He says glancing over at the advisors.

"Princess It is highly unlikely for that to become a problem."

"Sure it is but what would have to be do in that situation?"

"If Prince Jax was to Marry Princess Abigail as their is no other swedish children to inherit the throne he would move to sweden with her and the Throne would have to be passed to you, Princess Jaclynn and Princess Ellise is far too young. But That will not happen because your parents can hold onto the throne until Princess Ellise is ready to rule."

I feel myself deflate as my last hope is extinguished.

I nod and finish my meal in silence besides Mathieu who has not spoken yet.

Leaving to pack up the last of my things Amelia stops me asking multiple questions regarding tomorrow and as with the ball I leave the rest of the deciding up to her.

"But Princess this is your wedding, not just a ball."

"This is no wedding Amelia, sure I am in white but there is no love in our binding, it is a move for our countries, you will do fine." I turn away from her and quickly make my way to my room.

I have Ellise's bracelet wrapped and sitting upon my dress in a small white box with a silver bow on it.

Multiple times I try to contact the pet shop about the conditions in which they keep their animals in but they rudely hung up on me each time even after I informed them that I was the Princess.

My hope is that the little black puppy is far away from that place with a family to love it.

Finishing my packing and leaving only my dress for this afternoon and Pajamas for tonight, I find my room is stripped of all things that made it mine. I sit upon my bed and think about the chaos that has taken over my life.

The other royals my age that are girls insisted on having a small gathering for lunch before the run throughs. I tried to refuse but Jennifer convinced me to humor them.