Chapter 2

Thanks to RoseLOVESIronMan's comment it made me want to up load the next part fast.

CHAPTER 2.

I had hoped that he wouldn't come tonight.

But you know what they say about hope.

It breeds eternal misery.

Which I thought was over until I saw him again.

He climbed out of his car in his black shirt and black pants.
He shook hands with the first person he came into contact with.

It had been a while since I last saw him.

He looked the same. Same shaved head, muscles and smile that I could never forget.

Not even if I had amnesia.

He started talking to two skanks who were drooling all over him. That was when Letty got out of her car and said something to the girls which made them leave. Better her than I.

Toretto's eyes flickered to mine for a moment then to Hector, who he called over.

I couldn't help my heart when it dropped to the road, he didn't recognise me. I guess it had been too long after all.

I followed the two men but kept my distance.

"One race, 2 g buy in winner takes all. Hector you hold the cash." Toretto said to the crowd which suddenly became two times the size it was before they showed up.

I watched Toretto buy in then one other regular. I then saw another guy walk up. He wasn't from around here but I recognised him from somewhere. He had blond short curly hair and slightly tanned skin. The look on Toretto's face wasn't happy. The new guy handed the pink slip to his car to Hector. There were more looks exchanged before they walked over to check out his car. While they were over at his car, I walked over to Hector and slipped the cash to him without anyone looking. He turned to look at me.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

I gave him a seductive smile and nodded. I ran over to my car through the crowd  and hopped in. I watched the other cars move out. The other cars formed the lines of the road. I drove up to the starting point and fell in line with the others. I was the second one along the line on my right was the regular racer and on my left was Toretto.  

We all exchanged glances as the new guy fell way over the line and then had to reverse back. That was when we all did our little ritual that we did before every race. I took a sip of water, turned the volume up on the CD player and muttered to myself.

'I can win this.'

 It was slightly a lie. I couldn't beat Dom years ago, why would I now.

The crowds gathered around. But couldn't hear them. All I could hear was my inner thoughts telling me not to do this.

I loved it.

I looked up to see Hector on the phone. He nodded then got our attention by waving his arms. We all started reving our engines. I got ready to take my foot off the brake and on the clutch. Hector yelled GO and that was when we all took off at full speed.

The race made the blood in my body race about as if it was on speed. The adrenaline seeping through and my heart pounding from the windscreen to the rear of the car.

I came in third at first while Toretto kept glancing out his window. The new guy came in last and swerved a little.

'Amateur driver.' I muttered while I sped things up a bit and passed the second car.

I felt my hands shaking as they gripped the steering wheel and looked out my rear vision mirror seeing sparks fly from the new guy's car.

'What an idiot he's going to blow us all up with the amount of NOS in his car.' I said but I couldn't become distracted.

If I beat Toretto he would have no choice but to talk to me. Then I could tell him everything. That was the only scenario I saw in my head. That was how nervous I was.

I came up close to Toretto that was when I pushed my little blue button. NOS came pouring into the engine and my car speed up as I passed Toretto. That was when out no-where he passed me and the line, with me following close behind. Soon followed by the other regular and the new guy coming in last. He swerved dangerously and came to a stop. Smoke covered his car.

Toretto came to a stop. I came up beside him and put my foot on the brake. Toretto climbed out of his car and became covered in the crowds who were thanking him for winning.

I climbed out of my car and walked over to him forcing myself forward with a mission. The crowd went quiet as if they thought we were going to fight. He looked me in the eyes as I gave him my hand. We shook hands and the crowd went wild.