chapter 15

We walked up the path to the backyard. He looked nervous, so I gave him a kiss on the cheek which made him smile and return the favour.

We walked into the backyard with everyone's eyes on us.

"Well look who it is, old coyotes are us, I thought you weren't hungry pumpkin." One of the guys said.

"Well I gotta eat." Vince says.

"He's always hungry." Letty says not even looking at me.

I think Dom may have talked to her about not making a scene.

"Alright sit down." Dom says looking at us both.

Vince walks up, puts his hands on Doms shoulders and kisses his head.

Vince and I sat in our seats but Vince kept staring Brian down like he doesn't belong here. I put my hand on Vince's arm and Letty interrupts the silence by saying.

"Let's eat some grub."

They all served all the food and dug in. I served my food with the others and I knew that Dom and the others had already said their prayers. I quickly  grabbed Tay's cross nervously and closed my eyes saying a silent prayer before opening my eyes again. I saw that Dom had watched me. I smiled at him sweetly before digging into the food with everyone else.

"Mia the chips and the potato salad are delicious." Letty said with food still in her mouth.

"Oh Lexi made those, She also made the pasta salad and a cake and some biscuits for after dinner I just did the salad." Mia said making sure everyone knew where the food had come from.

Letty looked at me and for once I saw a kind side in her eyes.

"You're a good cook, Lexi. I'm hopeless in the kitchen." She admitted trying to reach out.

I was surprised at first but as I told myself over and over again god is forgiving. Even if this bitch, insulted my car and took my man.

"Thanks Letty. I was really bad in the kitchen too, Mia and Tay used to push me out of the kitchen so I wouldn't ruin anything." I said smiling.

"I'm sorry about your sister, Lexi. I only met her a couple times, I wish I could have got to know her better." Letty said.

"Me too, you would have liked her." I said nodding but secretly imagining how that was not true in my head.

She gave me a light smile then looked at Dom then back at her food. Dom gave me a smile while digging into his food.

"So what are we watching tonight?" Vince asked while serving more food onto his plate.

"What about Oceans eleven." someone suggested.

"I like that movie what about you Lexi." Vince said.

"Sure thing." I said nodding.

This was what true family was.