Chapter 25

I woke up with Mia's arm wrapped around me so when I slid out of bed I was careful to not wake her up. I pulled on one of Mia's long cardigans and tip-toed downstairs. I poured a glass of water and walked out the back door to sit at the back table and watch the sky, bathing in the warm sunrise air.

I wrapped myself up and closed my eyes letting the sun soak into my skin.

This was what felt right.

Somehow it felt better than staying in a flashy hotel by the pool drinking cocktails. Or flying in private jets to places around the world.  

This was home and that would never change.

Home is where the people you love are.

"Lexi?" A voice asked from the back door.

I turned around and saw Letty there. Her hair was sticking in every direction, and night clothes which was a pair of shorts and one of  Dom shirts were ruffled.

"Morning, how are you?" I asked taking a sip of my water.

"Good I'm a bit tired but, I'll survive." She sighed smiling dropping into the seat next to me.

"What time did you guys get in?" I asked looking up at the sky.

"I don't think it's any of your business!" She said her voice becoming sharp.

"Whoa Letty calm down the only reason I asked was because we all went to bed at two in the morning and we were wondering what time you guys would come home, that's all." I said looking at her with soft eyes, I didn't want to start a cat fight this early in the morning.

"Right, I'm sorry." She said shaking her head and looking up as well. "I know." She started, "About what's going on with you and Dom."

I looked over at her.

She didn't look mad.

But I still didn't know what to say.

All I could think of doing was making up some excuse and making a bolt to my car.

"I'm not an idiot, I see the way he looks at you, it's almost like he used to look at you, when I didn't matter." She said.

I stayed silent.

"I love him, and I can understand where you stand. I know that you've been wanting to talk to me I can see it in your eyes."

"I just don't know what to say. You probably think I'm such a bitch?" I said looking at the floor.

"Yes and No." She said jokingly, "I  see your point, I just hope you can see mine. I don't want to waste time hating you."

"I see your point Letty, I do and I am so glad that you don't hate me. " I said slightly laughing nervously, "I came here for one reason and that was to see the gang again for Tay. To tell them that, she was gone. I had every intention of leaving afterwards. But when I saw Dom......."  I said trailing off as I went back over all our memories. "When I came back I felt broken, I felt like a broken used doll that could never be fixed. But when I saw Dom again. I felt every bone in my body click back into place. I felt every cut sew itself back together. I felt every scar, disappear without a trace. I fell deeply in love with him. It was a feeling I thought that I would never experience again. Dom is a special person. He sees the good in people, even when they don't see it. He will appear tough to everyone else. But to people like us, that know him well. We know that he will only be tough to those who threaten those he cares about. He will love deeply and will fight till the end for family." I said not being able to look her in the eyes as I admitted feelings for the first time. " If he chooses you, I'll leave I won't stand around being the pathetic ex-girlfriend and even though I'll be jealous. I won't hate you."