Chapter 8

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi babe, how are you?" The voice said on the other end.

I slammed the door shut and walked around to the back of my car to sit on the boot.

"I'd be fantastic if you told me that you had my money?" I said sweetly smiling feeling eyes on me from the upstairs window of Toretto's house.

"Umm not yet but I'll have it soon princess."

I clicked my tongue as if I was telling off a small child.

"Look Gavin. I'm not happy. I gave you three weeks. Where. The. Hell, is my money!?"

"Someone stole it."

"Do not lie to me!" I growled.

"Okay I spent most of it. But I'm getting it back."

"How much time will you need to get it back?"

"Another three weeks?"

"That is just great. You have another week and two days. If I don't have that money in my hands by then. You are dead." I threatened.

"S.......sure Whatever you say Lexi."

"It's Miss Turner to you. Bye now." I said finishing the call.

Once the call had ended I searched through my contacts to call HIM.

"Yes?" He said in a boring voice.

"Hello you sexy beast." I said in a sexy voice.

"Why hello my Sexy Lexi. How have you been?"

I stiffened. Dom used to call me that.

"I'm fine. I have some bad news."

I heard him sigh.

"Give it to me."

"Gavin fell through. I gave him three weeks to get the money. He told me that he spent it and needed another three weeks to get it back. I gave him a week and two days."

"That's my girl. How much does him owe me?"

I cleared my throat.

"How much does he owe us?"

"He owes you $10'500 and he owes me $10'000."

"So what do you suppose we do about this if he doesn't hand in the money?"

"Well I guess I could go over there and beat the money out of him."

"Where are you?" He asked in a curious tone.

"L.A." 

"Oh why are you there aren't you supposed to be in Tokyo?"

"No. That where Orela is. Isn't she?"

"She was sent there but my associates have told me that she didn't arrive on schedule." He said.

"Maybe she ran into FED's. I swear that they are getting on my nerves. They got Justin, Finn, and Zelina." I said shaking my head.

"Really? That's interesting. I knew about Finn and Justin but I didn't know about Zelina. What happened?"

"Well she arrived in Zurich as commanded. She landed and as soon as she got off the plane the FED's took her in for questioning. Thankfully she didn't tell them what they wanted to know and stuck with the story."

"And what was that?"

"That she was in Zurich visiting her cousin who just had a baby. The FED's checked it out and then let her go. But she was five days off schedule when she made it to her destination."

"Well that's unfortunate. Wait till the end of this week to go and visit Gavin. If he hasn't got it by then, do your thing."

"It's as good as done. Where are you?"

"Where I always am. Call me no later then the end of next week. I miss you my sexy Lexi."

"I miss you too. I'll speak to you soon."

I hung up the call then called my associate who worked in the area.

"Yes?" He answered.

"Hey Ben, it's Lexi."

"Oh hey Lexi, what's up?"

"I'm in L.A."

"Why wasn't I informed?"

"Do you need to be?"I asked in a harsh tone.

"No Lexi I was just wondering if something was wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong except for the fact that Gavin still doesn't have the money and the boss is getting impatient, I'm getting impatient."

"I'm working on it."

"Obviously not hard enough if I haven't got the money yet!"

"I have it under control!" He said trying to control his temper.

"You better because I don't feel like coming down there and doing your job for you."

"Yes Lexi." He sighed.

"Ben I let you call me Lexi but if you are going to be disrespectful towards me I may just have to make you go back to calling me Miss Turner. Get your job done or I'll have you deported out of here before you can say my name. You got that!"

I hung up the phone to jump off the car and walk around to my door.

"Lexi!" Vince yelled from the house before running across the road towards me.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"To my place."

"Why?"

"So I can shower and get changed." I laughed looking down at my messed up clothing and cringing at what a sight I must look like.

"Right." He laughed, "Are you gonna come back?"

"Do you want me to?"

"Hell yeah."

"Okay well I have some things to do at home first but I can come back here about 1.00 pm?"

"Come by the garage we'll all be there at that time."

"Are you sure I'll be welcome?"

"You're family, whether you're with Dom or not."

That made me smile.

"Alright I'll see you then."

I climbed into my car and started her up. Within seconds I was out of the street.