Chapter 32

The sun had come up and I knew that I was running out of time.

Maybe the worst had already happened and I was just chasing air.

But they're family so I had to try.

I saw that Brian was still driving so all I had to do was follow.

It was starting to get hot out and when I rolled down the window, that was when I saw it.

Smoke was sitting in the air rising slowly.

A car sat on its roof, its smashed windows and scratched up exterior on the side of the road. There were skid marks that led up to the crash site.

What happened, I asked myself.

This accident had only happen moments ago,

I sped up to pass the car and scanned it for passengers.

Thankfully there was no-one inside.

This car looked like one of the cars from the heist, one of the gang was driving this car.

What happened for someone to flip their car like that. Who was driving?

My mind started to twist and turn I almost missed my phone ringing.

"Mia? Hey." I said winding up my window so I could hear her talk.

"Hey Lexi. I'm sorry about leaving you at the party. Brian and I went out for dinner." She said with a shaky voice.

"So you're at home now?" I asked narrowing my eyes waiting for a secret sign that she needed me.

"No. We went for a drive."

"Mia answer with a yes or no. Is someone making you say this?" I said watching the car on the screen closely for any  sudden change in route.

"No."

"So you're just lying to me on your own accord?" I said in an annoyed tone.

Silence on the other side.

I imagined her looking over at Brian with a shocked expression, him trying to silently ask her what was going on.

"Look Mia I'm not an idiot." I stated, "I want to know what's going on."

"Lexi....I." She stammered.

"Fine, I'll see you there." I said before hanging up.

I was her sister and she lied to me freely.

We went for a while on the same road, I saw the car swerving on the screen and then all of a sudden pullover.

I sped up, wanting to catch up with them before they disappeared again.

When I made it there I saw two cars Brian's and another from the heist on the side of the road.

I pulled over and climbed out as quick as I could running over to where I saw Brian and Mia crouching over someone in the field Dom was walking over to them and Leon stood near the car. I didn't think about the consequences of doing so and ignored the looks of surprise on Mia, Brian and Dom's faces and leant over Vince, who was on his back in the dirt. Choking on his own blood, laceration up his arm and a shot wound filled his chest.

I ripped off the bottom of my shirt and wrapped it around his arm while the others sat there in shock of the events that had just happened.

"Guys I've seen a wound like this before. If we don't get him to a hospital within. Five minutes. He'll die." I yelled hoping that they would snap out of their shock and jump into action.

I knew that if Brian had a heart and cared about this family he would feel obliged to call in some of his cop buddies. Allowing me to remain somewhat secretive from them about my real occupation.

Brian pulled out his phone and dialled a number. As if he had heard my thoughts.

"Yeah. Yeah. This is Officer Brian O'Conner. I'm off duty LAPD I need a life flight roll out right away." He started. His eyes never left Dom's as he watched the anger grow and his body rising in betrayal.

"My twenty is highway eighty-six, mile marker one fourty seven. I got a trauma victim, about twenty four years of age. Six foot, maybe two hundred pounds." His voice was laced with fear. Fear of Dom most likely.

"He's got a deep laceration to his right arm with arterial bleeding and a shot gun wound close range to his left flank. Yeah. Yeah. He's going into shock!"   

Dom stood up slowly and gave him a spine tingling glare.

Vince knew about Brian, he tried to warn Dom.

"Dom don't do anything. He's trying to save Vince." I said. Dom didn't even look at me, he just stormed off towards the car with Mia following slowly.

I knew this would happen. She's upset. But she still loves Brian and by the look in his eyes and his actions to save Vince he loves us all too.

I watch the look in his eyes when Mia walks away from him. I knew how he felt. I walked in front of him to get his eyes off Mia.

"Save him." I said as the helicopter landed.

Paramedics picked Vince up carefully and carried him off.

Once the helicopter took off. Brian just stood there and Dom climbed into the black car with Mia.

I made my way over quickly and opened Letty's door.

Everyone gave me a strange look.

"I'll take Leon and Letty. Letty needs first aid. Dom you should go and start looking for Jesse before he does something else stupid." I said avoiding his direct eye contact.  

He just gave me a quick nod then gave Letty a quick nod.

She groaned when she turned her body Leon and I had to help her out of the car and into mine.  Dom and Mia drove off, with us following close behind. Once we got back into civilization I drove to my apartment. We helped Letty into the elevator since she couldn't walk up the stairs, I unlocked the door and got Leon to lie her down on the couch, while  I pulled out the first aid kit.

"So what in gods name happened?" I asked Letty as I ruffled through the kit.

She wouldn't answer me.

"Her car rolled." Leon said.

"Thanks Leon but I need Letty to answer the questions so I can keep her awake. Alright Letty how's your head? Have you got a headache?" I asked.

"Yes." She said quietly.

"What about your vision. Is it blurry, dark or light?"

"It's fine."

"Ok, so where is the pain located?"

"My wrist and the cut on my head."

"Ok. Leon take out one of those antiseptic wipes and start wiping her head."

"Now which wrist is it?"

"My right one."

"Tell me when it hurts." I said starting to feel around her wrist.

She hissed in pain.

"Nothing's broken, it's just sprained." I said massaging deep heat into it. I then wrapped a bandage around it. Leon had completely cleaned her cut. I stuck a hospital baid-aid on it.

I stood up and packed the first aid things away and cooked some food which would help Letty start feeling better.

"Here you guys. You must be hungry." I said placing the plates on the table. Leon helped Letty up and into her chair.

"Thanks Lexi." Leon said while Letty just helped herself to the food.

I sat down too and ate after I put drinks on the table. Then after eating I sat down on the couch with the others before my phone started to ring.