Chapter 4

"Lexi?" she said in disbelief her eyes lighting up.

I walked over and embraced her.

"It's been so long, how are you? How's your sister?"

My face fell.

"Come inside." She said gesturing to the house.

"Sure." I said nodding and swallowing hard.

We walked up onto the veranda and heard the party noises from inside. We ran up the stairs to talk since it was quiet up there. She opened a door revealing her room. I sat down next to her on the bed. She was shuffling papers together that were all over her bed.

"So where is Tay? Did she come with you?" She asked.

"No she didn't. Mia, Tay was fine. Up until five years ago." I started.

I was fine talking about it now but I didn't think that I would ever get over what happened to her.

"What happened?" She asked fear crossing her face.

"Four years ago December 21st, Tay was diagnosed with leukaemia, she had all the treatments but none of it worked she was confined to her hospital bed for Christmas and New Years. She fought but eventually the Leukaemia got too strong. She became weak and on May 5th she died." I said.

Mia put her hand over her mouth as she gasped.

"Oh poor Tay, she was my best friend, I should have stayed in contact. I'm so sorry Lexi." She said hugging me tight.

"It's not your fault, don't ever think that it is." I said hugging her back keeping the tears at bay.

"Did she go without pain?" She asked.

"They gave her what they could, but we will never know." I answered.

That was one of the things that scared me, I would never know what went through her head as she left. Or where she was now.

"I can't believe she's gone. Is that why you came back? To tell us." She asked.

I nodded.

"I couldn't come straight away life got in the way but I though about you guys all the time and thought it was about time I visited home and told you guys."

"Thank you, and thank you for coming home. You have no idea how much we have all missed you."

"I bet you I missed you more." I smiled.

"So you were the girl at the race, the one that almost beat Dom?" She smiled.

"Yeah....Speaking of Dom, where is he?" I asked.

Mia got up confused and looked out the window and the driveway.

"His car isn't out there, he should be home by now."

We ran downstairs fast, thinking about the way the cops showed up and what could have possibly happened.

Mia held onto the banister as she scanned the room, looking for someone.

"Vince!" Mia yelled across the room over the music.

I backed up the stairs slightly out of view.

"Yeah!" A voice yelled back.

"Where's Dom?" Mia said flinging her hands up in the air.

"He hasn't got back yet. Don't worry he'll be fine."

I got a sudden heat flash so I walked the rest of the way down the stairs and out the front door. I walked out onto the veranda and had cold air blown into my face.

That was when I saw a taxi pull up at the house letting Dom and the new guy out.  They walked up the path towards the house.

 Mia ran past me and flew into Dom's arms.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine. Brian here saved me from the cops." He replied.

He then looked at me.

"Dominic Toretto." He said giving me his hand.