Chapter 28

Quote of the day.
"Why are you so quiet?" the bully asks.
Person lifts their head slowly and smiles.
"Well nobody plans a murder out loud do they?"

Well long time no see, just want to say I missed you guys. If you haven't already hit a LIKE or COMMENT. Please!!

So here is another chapter of Fast and furious. My version. Hope you like it!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I woke up at 5.30 and pulled on a pair of skinny jeans, a grey tank top and red heels.

I did my makeup then put on Tay's cross on, along with my black leather fingerless driving gloves and black leather jacket.

Making my way out to the airport, I walked through security and over to gate 7 to look for Owen.

"Looking for me?" He said from behind me.

I turned around and was pulled against him.

"Are you going to miss me?" His breath whispered against my lips.

"Yes. But don't worry I'll be in London before you know it." I said wrapping my arms around his neck.

"You going to show me how much you're going to miss me?" he asked.

"Is a simple kiss good enough?"

"Is that all I get?" he pouted.

"Well we are in public. There are children around." I pointed out.

"Good point. Best not to make a scene."

"When I'm London. I'll do more than a simple kiss. To make up for the crappy goodbye." I smiling at him.

"I'll hold you to that." He smirked.

He leant in and gave me a sweet kiss. Sweet enough to make me forget my assignment.

"Mmmm see you soon. My Sexy Lexi."

I stayed silent and watched him walk onto the plane without a glance back.

After I was sure he was in the sky I left the airport and drove to Race Wars.

I paid the admission fee and got a number painted on my car then parked up and walked over to the gazebo, where the gang stood.

"Lexi good you're here." Vince said pulling me close to him.

"Yes I am. What's with the face?"

"Leon thinks he can beat you." Vince said rolling his eyes.

I laughed a little.

"Really? Does he want to test that theory?" I asked looking at Leon.

"I'm not backing down to a girl." He said crossing his arms.

"Leon you refuse to race me. That's backing down to a girl." Letty said.

"Yeah but you're you." He said.

Letty raised an eyebrow.

"Shit Letty you know that's not what I meant." Leon raised his hands up in surrender to her scary gaze.

"So you want to race me huh? Fine let's put some bets on it shall we? Two grand, enough?" I said stepping forward out of Vince's grasp.

I  watched his Adam's apple bob before he nodded.
I gave him a smile and turned my head slightly to give Vince a look before walking over to my car.

I unzipped my jacket and threw it into the passenger seat.
Moving my car up to be in line with Leon's, who was already looking nervous from the way he was clenching his jaw.

"You ready for this Leon?" I yelled out not looking at him.

"Ready."

"Set."

"......Go!"

I pressed hard on my accelerator and changed gears. I was neck and neck with Leon. But not for long.

We passed the quarter mark and Leon panicked and pressed the NOS early. He ran out at the three quarter mark which was when I pressed mine. I passed by him and crossed the finishing line.
We drove back down to the gazebo and climbed out of our cars.

"Ha. Pay up dog!" Vince laughed with his arms crossed casually

"Shut up!" Leon yelled back.

 Leon pulled out the money and slapped it lightly in my hand.

"Thanks Leon." I said stuffing it in my back pocket.

I walked back under the shade right before Letty abruptly left to compete

"Brian's here." Mia said also rushing off.

 Vince and I both sat down to munch on some sandwiches and rose to watch Letty race.

"She's good. You taught her, how to race?" I asked Dom who stood with us.

"Yeah, although I didn't have to teach her, her love cars."

"I thought you wouldn't teach anyone else after me?"

"I didn't teach you. Lexi. You had skill before you even met me."

"Thanks." I said. I was truly grateful for the complement.

 Letty made her way back over to us and singled me out.

"You want to go princess? Two thousand?" She asked me.

"Sure. Let's see what Dom taught you." I said.

By this time there was a small line up for racing so there was a little wait but when we made it up to the line, I saw Letty's face. It was just like Dom's before a race, a bored emotionless expression.  

I shook that idea out of my head in time to hear the guy begin.

"Ready."

"Set."

".......Go!"

During the rush of the race I realised that there was an equal chance of either of us winning, and any person who cared for Letty's approval would have pulled back and let her gloat at her victory.

I'm not that person.

After winning the race we went back to the gazebo letting the next pair race.
She handed over the money with no hesitation or word. Then turned her back to walk away.

"Letty?" I said.  

She turned to look at me. But I couldn't bring myself to say the words I wanted to say. So instead, I said.

"Nice racing."

She gave me a small smile then walked away.

Dom and Vince were so deep in a conversation that they barely noticed us there until Dom looked away from Vince's face.

With an unreadable look on his face.

Unreadable even to me.