Chapter 6

I walked into the lounge room and sat down next to Vince on the couch.

"Hey Vincey boy, did you miss me?" I said throwing an arm around his shoulders.

"I'm guessing no since I don't even know you." He said sipping his beer.

I pouted.

"Are you serious? I've been gone a couple years and you forget about the girl you were best friends with." I said.

Years ago when we were all teenagers Dom and Vince were my best friends and Mia was best friends with my sister but eventually became mine as well.

"Lexi? Wow I didn't think that it was possible for you to get any hotter." He said hugging me tightly.

It was sad I was his only girl-friend years ago.

"Thanks you aren't looking too bad yourself." I laughed.

"Do the others know you're here?" He said his eyes widening.

"Dom and Mia know." I said nodding and sipping my drink.

"So how's your sister?" He asked.

I took a deep breath I couldn't help but want to say that she was fine and that she graduated, was living in Paris her favourite place in the world. But the truth had to be told.

"She passed away....three years ago."

"Oh poor Tay, what was it?" Vince said placing his beer on the floor.

"Leukemia, it ran straight through her we tried everything but we couldn't fight it." I said breathing in and out fighting the memory of her coffin.

"I'm so sorry Lexi I know how close you were to your sister." Vince said wrapping his arms tightly around me. I clutched him and swallowed my tears back. I patted his back slightly before pulling back.

"Thanks Vince it means a lot." I said taking a sip of my corona before changing the subject. "So how's everything been?"

"Well Mia and Dom still run their dad's store, we still work on cars in the spare time we have like always, still going to all the races, and having Sunday barbecue's. No big changes really. When did you get back in town?"

"About a month ago. I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. I live near by and I've been going to the races, I saw Dom and figured I better lay low for a while. But when I saw Mia.... I just thought that she should know about Tay."

He nodded and looked down.

"So what's it been? Six, seven years?"

"Seven. I missed you guys... so much."

"We missed you too, things weren't the same when you left." He said.

"What do you mean?" I frowned looking at him.

"Well we all felt a little lost without you. The Sunday barbecue's weren't the same without you and Tay cooking. Working on the cars was strange without you, you used to get all serious in there, which was entertaining to watch. You wouldn't just stand around, all business in the garage.  Dom was lost without you standing next to him all the time, being there for him. And I lost a close friend."

"Well I'm here now and I really hope we can go back to the way things were."

"Well we can, as long as you don't leave us again. " He said looking at me sideways.

"Vince, I can't promise anything. I want to stay, but we don't always get what we want. It's been seven years. I'm different now."

"Dammit Lexi if you think we can just let you go again then you're crazy."

"Then I must be crazy Vince. Seven years can change things, people change, they age, make new friends...........and make a lot of enemies."

"Are you in trouble Lexi, has someone hurt you? Is that why you're here?"

"Lots of people have hurt me Vince. But some situations just can't be helped." I said knowing that sad look that must be twinkling in my eyes.

"Lexi tell me what you've got yourself into!" Vince said looking seriously worried grabbing the top of my arms.

"I can't, everyone has secrets. Please Vince, I will tell you but not tonight."

"Promise?" He said loosening his grip on me.

"I ........promise." I said grabbing his hands.

Vince smiled then stood up pulling me up with him. He let go of my hands to climb onto the table.

"EVERYBODY I WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE THE QUEEN OF CARS, THE GIRL WHO GREW UP ON THESE L.A STREETS. LEXI TURNER." Vince yelled.

I smiled and got up on the table with him.

"HEY EVERYBODY I'M LEXI TURNER AND I'M BACK PEOPLE. LET'S PARTY!" I yelled.

The crowd roared then went back to partying. I climbed off the table and pulled Vince down.

"What do you want to do now?" I asked.

"Drink, dance, talk. Whatever you want."

"Let's drink and dance." I said.

He grabbed my wrist and twirled me around fast enough to lift me off the floor. He set me down and grabbed my right hand twirling me around my eyes on him the whole time. I threw my head back with a smile of my face. I then grabbed his hand as he put his other hand on my waist. We laughed and jumped around the room. I kept drinking and dancing till two in the morning after that I couldn't remember anything.

(Lexi met the others when she was 12. When she was 17 she left her home in LA. At 18 she went and lived with her cousin Sam. When she was 21 Tay died at 17 years old. Seven years later she returns home)