Chapter 34

Brian lost his badge, for protecting my family. He let Dom go giving him his keys letting him disappear and we haven't seen either of them since.

Mia and Letty were now the only two in the house since Vince was still in the hospital, Dom is on the run and Leon, well we haven't seen him since Jesse's funeral.

Today. I was going to visit Vince to tell him that I was returning to London.

I have a duty and I owe it to Lockie to be there for his funeral.

Once I found out what room he was in I walked up and took a deep breath before knocking.

"Yeah."

I opened the door and walked over to him.

"Hey Vince." I said in a serious voice.

I couldn't joke around seeing him lying there.

I carried the small bear and flowers over to his bed side table and placed them there. Then kissed him on the cheek and sat in the visitor's chair beside him.

"Hey. Why haven't you guys come sooner? Where are the others?"

"We haven't come sooner because something's have happened while you've been in here."

"Like what?"

"Brian was a cop but he let Dom go, and was relieved of his badge. Dom has run away because there is a warrant out for his arrest, and we don't know when we'll see him again. Jesse was shot by Tran and he has died. We had his funeral a few days ago. Mia and Letty are the only two left, because Leon has gone off somewhere." I said explaining trying to get it all out in one breath.

"Our family has been spilt apart." He said with a shocked and saddened expression, staring down at the hospital sheets.

"No. No don't say that Vince. I don't care if there are cm, metres, miles, states, oceans or countries between us all. We will always remain family."

"So why haven't Letty and Mia come to see me?" 

"The others are coming tomorrow."

"Why did you come earlier than them?" He asked, "You missed me too much didn't you." He joked offering up a small smile that I couldn't return.

I looked at him, and almost started crying again.

"Because I won't be here tomorrow."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm leaving Vince."

Realization crossed his face.

"Did Dom choose Letty is that why you're leaving?"

"No Vince. I have to go back to London. For my job and for a funeral of a friend."

"But.....We need you here. I want you here please don't leave."

"I don't want to leave Vince. I can't explain it to you. Hopefully soon all of this will be over and I will be able to tell you everything. But for now. I have to leave. I'm sorry." I said with tears rushing down both our faces.

I didn't realize how hard it would be, to say goodbye to them all. Again.

"I love you." I said kissing him on the cheek before getting up sniffing and making my way towards the door.

"Some advice before I leave." I said turning my head to him. "Once you can, get out of the country. The authorities will be after you too. No extradition countries babe." I said winking at him before giving him a smile and leaving.

My next stop was Mia's house, to say goodbye to Mia and Letty. There were still bullets in the front lawn. Reminding us of the ordeal.

I knocked on the door and seconds later Letty answered the door.

I think she has a new found respect for me after I took care of her.

"Hey come on in." She said closing the door behind me.

"Mia, Lexi's here!" She yelled.

After a while we were all sitting on the couches.

"So why did you come over today. Aren't you coming over tomorrow with us to go see Vince?" Mia asked.

"No I went and saw him today?"

She scrunched up her eyebrows.

"Why?"

"Because this time tomorrow I'll be in London."

"What?" She whispered.

"You're leaving?" Letty asked.

"Yeah I have to. I have a job and I have to go to a friend's funeral."

"You're leaving because Dom isn't around anymore aren't you? You're bailing on your family when we need you the most." Letty said standing up in anger.

"No of course not. If I could stay I would, but I can't quit this job."

"So your job is more important to you than family!?"

"Not more important. I can't explain it. But I'll stay in contact, you know I'm not leaving for good. There will be times that I'll have time off and I'll come and visit and when this is all over. We'll have our family back together. We're just having a rough patch." I said standing up to be level with Letty.

"What about Dom. He still hasn't made a decision. What will happen if he comes home to see you've already left?" Mia says.

"Then if he does. Tell him that I made the decision easier for him." I said. I then turned to Letty.

"Letty. He deserves someone like you. Someone who can stay with him. Has the same love for cars. Not a lot of baggage. I was his first love. You deserve to be his last." I said choking on the words.

Mia grabbed hold of me and I feared that she would never let go again. Her hands clutched at my sleeves tears wetting my shoulder.

I was strong but I wasn't that strong.

I was barely holding as it was after saying what I had to Letty.

I kissed Mia's forehead before prying her hands off my arms and walking out the door as fast as my unsteady legs could carry me.

It pained me to say the words, but it was the only thing I could do to keep Dom from wondering if I was the better choice and coming after me.

I barely made it to my car before breaking, clutching my door for support. My chest was tightening, a headache forming, it was getting too hard for me to breathe.

I suddenly felt eyes on me, from inside the house, looking back with an ocean of tears waiting to fall, I saw Letty holding Mia who was looking out the window.

I whimpered before lifting a shaky hand and blowing Mia a kiss. I climbed in my car and made my way home.

I packed up my things and my apartment and filled up my car taking my things with me to the airport.

With every step I took I felt home ripping away with my heart in hand.

Vince will survive. Mia will survive. Letty will survive. Dom will survive. Hell! Even Brian will survive.

But will I?

Yes readers this was the ending chapter. But don't dismay because there was more than one fast and furious movie.
This is not the end of Lexi's story and please don't hate because there's a sequel. Lexi still has to reveal why she can't stay and quit her job. Who Owen really is. Now all you guys who watched fast and furious all the way to fast and furious 6. You should already know. But still. There is more to come. Letty's still gotta 'die'. Dom and Brian still have to mess around with Braga. They still gotta move to Rio and Mia reveals that she's pregnant. They still gotta pull off the heist. And they've still gotta help Hobbs with a problem in London. Come on dear readers don't bail on me now.